Saturday, May 30, 2009

It is nice out today, not too hot, not too cold, just right for a scooter/walk with Mom.  I went to Barnes and Noble (one of my favorite stores) and bought a new book: Living well with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, it was published in 2004 so it's not that old.  So far it is the same as every other book on the subject, which means it doesn't have what I want in it.  I will finish it up tonight or tomorrow and then give my review of it.

I went to Heather's church on Thursday to meet the minister about possibly becoming their new worship leader.  I am not sure he thinks I am right for the job, although I am right for the pay because I would volunteer my time for it.  I will send him my resume and info and references and we shall see.  Their choir director also recently expressed interest although he isn't sure she was really interested.  the hold up on me is because I am not a rock and roller per se, although I love praise and worship music, I just don't have any experience teaching or leading that type of group.  However, I have directed choirs, ensembles, and plays for years, so we shall see.  

I am waiting on a few emails about my questionnaires I have sent out.  I am wondering about when I should send follow up emails about filling them out.  Both people said email would be the best.  I am almost done outlining the book and have begun the first chapter.  As my hands ache when I type too much, it takes me a while to write.  Plus, the brain fog interrupts the thought process.  Stupid brain fog.  There is new medicine coming out that is supposed to help brain fog.  I hope so.  It is keeping me from working! (Okay, so there are a lot of things keeping me from working - but that is the top of the list!)  I hope to go back to school and refresh on accounting and finish an accounting associates degree and get a job so I won't be on disability anymore.  This all depends on new therapies and medicine, but I am hopeful for them.

Off for my walk/scooter now.  Enjoy your day!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather! It's me, Kathy -- I'm so excited that you're doing a blog, it makes me feel like I'm part of your life even though I'm so far away! It sounds like some positive things are happening between the book and the possible church work. Yay!

    ReplyDelete