Saturday, July 4, 2009

It is the 4th of July today!  Independence Day!  Happy Birthday America!  Our freedoms are the best in the world.  I am very grateful for those who serve our country.  We won't be going to any fireworks this year, my arm is sooooooo sore today that I just want to go to bed early.  Hopefully next year will be better.

I finally found the camera that has the pictures on it from Florida.  Naturally, the batteries are dead.  I was just at Walmart a few hours ago!  Ugh, did not know I needed batteries.  Silly me.  I should have checked the camera first before I went, but I didn't think about it.  The camera hasn't been used since Florida and that was last year.  Way last year.  After I get new batteries tomorrow, I am uploading (once I figure out how) all the pictures from Florida on Facebook.  I love Facebook.  It is so fun reading what everyone else is doing.  I did a quiz today on Peggy Williams (Covey) I got 73% of how much I know her.  I guessed right on a couple and the rest I actually remembered from high school.  Scary thought, high school.  It seems like zillions of years ago.  I should make up my own quiz and send it back.  Maybe later.  My arm is hurting to much to type that much.

We will be watching Stargate Atlantis tonight.  I meant to turn it on earlier, but I was reading Kristin Chenoweth's book and it's great.  Her biography is so funny.  I also got the last of the Percy Jackson and the Olympian books from Tony this last week.  He has loaned me all them so far and they are wonderful.  I know that they are supposed to be children's books, but so was Harry Potter and look how many adults read and watch them.  My point exactly.  It has been a pretty boring day, except for reading.  No students due to the holiday.  I didn't cancel lessons, they did.  I would have taught today anyways, I always center my life around teaching.  

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday and thought a bit about the people who have given us so much, our freedoms!  Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment