Monday, August 24, 2009

I was supposed to meet Donna at Tim Horton's this afternoon.  She didn't show up.  No phone call or anything.  After 1/2 hour I called her.  She was still at home.  I understand that she was waiting for her granddaughter who was supposed to be dropped off by 11 am and it didn't happen.  However, that is no excuse not to call me and let me know she wasn't coming.  That makes me so mad!  I freak if I am going to be 5 minutes late and I call.  She knew she wasn't going to make it and didn't call to tell me so I am of course worried that she is smashed on the road somewhere.  I hate when people do that to me.  (I mean that not calling, I would have totally understood her not coming)  She was mad at her daughter for not being on time, yet it was okay for her not to call me?  I don't think so!  Anyways, it is over now and I am glad Mom and I didn't wait to order food like the last time she did this.

Pain level is high today, I got very little sleep last night.  I think I was awake more than asleep.  My left arm and shoulder are just burning.  I hate it!  I think it is making me crankier than I already am.  Poor Mom, she has a very cranky daughter today!  I think we are going to go for a scooter and buy our winning lottery ticket!  (Okay - so I am very very very optimistic about that!)  that would certainly help solve our lack of money situation and we wouldn't be in danger of losing the house or car!  It would so help us a lot.  I would even split it with the big brother since his job (the contract one) will be gone in September and he will be out of work again.  I don't know if his children really understand what all this means.  I hope not because Abby would freak out about no food.  (She did that one day last winter - it was the day before Jennifer went shopping for groceries and Abby melted down about no food in the house)  She is older now though so she is probably catching on.

Mom is doing alright today.  I gave her two tylenol PMs last night and I think she slept better until I had to wake her because she hates me going down stairs on my own.  I am more than capable of walking down the stairs, but because one time I nearly fell down the stairs, she wants to be with me when I go down stairs to the kitchen.  So I had to wake her up (my luck she would hear me and have a hissy fit).

I hope this finds you having a better day than me!  Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment