Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's Sunday!  It was a good Sunday so far.  We met with our friend, Donna, for a Tim Horton's and stayed visiting for about 3 1/2 hours.  Yes, that is 3 1/2 hours.  Just talking and drinking diet coke and coffee (for her).  She had an accident about 15 years ago and is a miracle, I mean a real miracle, for being alive.  Right now, doctors are discussing with her on rebuilding her spine.  She is in extreme pain every day of her life.  More than me, that is for sure.  She had a rough winter and we didn't see her for several months this past winter.  I met her through the store.  Her granddaughter took trumpet lessons from one of our teachers.  

I have Muglia's tomorrow for their lessons!  I love teaching them.  All four are excited about music and want to learn.  Right now they are into the Pirates of the Caribbean music, they just finished star wars and harry potter.  I am making their brother some harry potter music for the clarinet.  I have some for the clarinet, only it is a little too hard for him.  It is all in the upper register and he isn't very comfortable up there yet.

Mom is doing well today.  She is smiling away and a happy little camper.  Right now she is reading the newspaper as she likes to do.  She will read the same one a few times this week since she won't remember that she already read it.  I keep several on hand for that purpose.

I called Richard, but he didn't answer.  I left a message, but I told him it was no big deal, because it isn't if he doesn't call me back.  I know right now he is near the end of his project that he is consulting on and is working an insane amount of hours.  I miss his kids the most.  They are so adorable and wonderful.  I sent them a I miss you card last week from Mom and me.  I want them to know that we think of them often.

We are going for a evening scooter later after dinner.  It has been the nicest summer for me to be outdoors.  I don't do well in heat. (or cold for that matter!)  So Mom and I have really enjoyed our scooters/walk.  She is wanting to go every night and I don't mind a bit.

I hope this finds you doing well and enjoying the nice weather we are having.  Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment