Friday, August 7, 2009

My day started off extremely early today.  Mom woke up at 5:30 am and was crying.  She wants to die.  That's what she said.  She wants to die.  We have gone through this twice today.  It is not her day that is for sure.  I keep trying to remind her how important she is to the family and friends.  I hope we are done with this for a while.  At least I got her to talk about it, usually she hides and doesn't talk about what is bothering her.  Actually, with her illness, this is a normal symptom.  Hard to believe, isn't it?  Many people with dementia want to die because they can't do what they used to.  Unfortunately for her, she is more aware than I think most people are.  I could be wrong, but she seems very aware of her memory loss.

We sewed with Muglia's this afternoon.  Lydia finished her skirt and next week we go to the fabric store to pick out material for the tops to their skirts.  I am also going to make Sarah (the little sister) a skirt so she won't be too left out.  She gets something to.  She is only 5, a little too young for sewing.  I will look for some kits for little ones.

Pain level is medium now, but was very high all night.  Hence the reason I was awake for Mom's meltdown.  I could take a nap right now.  I think I might.  I know it is only about 5 pm, but I am exhausted!  I don't think we will scooter tonight.  Murder She Wrote hasn't come in yet.  I hope it arrives tomorrow!  I will be hiding in the house due to the heat this weekend.  I may even skip Tim Horton's!  Wouldn't that be a shock?  I think it all depends on the heat.

I hope this finds you doing well.  I have to go and lay down now, I can't handle the sitting up anymore, I am very tired, medium sore, so I should get a small nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment