Monday, October 19, 2009

Mom had a doctor appointment this morning with her neurologist.  We haven't been in a year.  Oops.  I didn't realize it had been so long until I made the appointment.  Apparently we missed her last appointment.  I didn't mean too.  Anyways, she is down to 105lbs.  The doctor is not really happy about that, not happy at all.  Mom has to start drinking ensure again.  She is not happy about that but what can I do?  She has to gain the weight back.  Once she is at 120 again, I will take her off ensure, but not until.  Mom also has to take a swallowing test.  Lately different foods (I never know which ones will do it) are difficult for her to swallow.  She says the foods won't go down and get stuck in her throat.  So the doctor's office will call us and let us know when the test is.  I hope it is not too early in the morning.  We all know I am not a morning person.  She isn't happy about all this but too bad, she is going to the test.

In the middle of Grace's lesson she got hungry.  She wanted something to eat, well I didn't have anything for her to eat.  She got mad.  I am now going to get a snack with us at all times in case she gets hungry.  I never know when that will happen because she won't eat enough.  It drives me crazy but I will get the food down her somehow.

Grace is doing well for lessons.  She has learned two hand positions so far and will start a new one in two weeks.  Then she will get the Christmas music too.  She says she loves Christmas music, I do too.

Kayla is going to be absent today, but Rachel should be back so it balances things out.  I hope to have everyone next week.

Pain is medium and the arm is medium too.  I have tried to do some of the exercises and man do they hurt.  I have to have help with them.  I am going to get a heating pad and then try them.

I hope you are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment