Saturday, October 3, 2009

We met up with my cousin Hayley in Port Huron.  It was a lot of fun.  I haven't seen her for a bit.  She lives in Ontario about 2 hours away from us.  She ordered some items that can't be shipped to Canada so she had them shipped to my house and we delivered them to her today.  We don't mind at all, I look at it as an opportunity to see her.  Otherwise, I don't see her very often.  She works a lot at a stressful job.  She was very stressed out about her job today.  Her daughter, Justice was working or something like that so she didn't come with her mom.

Mom started off having a bad day but eventually it got better.  She was upset over the rain.  I didn't have her in her rain coat.  The coat is very thin and she would freeze in it.  I told her she would be alright with the jacket she had on and her head scarf, but she wouldn't really believe me.  It is like sometimes I think she thinks I am lying to her and I don't.  I may not tell her all the information because she wouldn't understand it, but I don't lie to her.  This is what is frustrating about dementia.  The paranoid behavior and freaking out easily.  I think I have about a year before her memory will get worse.  I try not to think about that but it sneaks into my brain at times.  Silly brain!

My arm is sore as usual, but pain level wise it is medium.  I got some new tummy medicine (you can only get it from Canada so Hayley brought me some!) so my tummy should be okay.  I see the doctor at the end of the month so I will have a refill of the tummy medicine that I am supposed to take every day.  My tummy is bad right now because I am out and now I can call to pick up a new prescription but I couldn't before because they wanted me to come in earlier and I didn't have the money for a doctor visit.  None of my doctors visits are paid for by my insurance.  When I get medicare part of them will be paid for but that isn't for another year and a half.  So I will keep what I have.  It is okay insurance and definitely better than none, that's for sure.

I hope this finds you having a good day.  Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment