Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I am almost done with the costume!  I just have to hem the vest and hem the sleeves, and put the casings for the elastic in the top.  I am glad to be almost done because the play is getting closer!!!  She will look adorable as a fairy.  She is a great kid that is growing up way to fast.  I can't believe she will be 12 soon.  It seems like yesterday she was turning 7.  Wow, how time does fly.

I pulled out the turkey breast to thaw in the fridge.  I am actually getting excited to make dinner.  I haven't cooked in about a year!  At least since last march, the night Mom went into emergency for chest pains.  Ended up not being anything, thankfully, but you never know.  I haven't cooked since.  I have everything ready that we need so Mom and I will be up early on thanksgiving getting the turkey breast ready.  It has the bone in it.  Don't really know what the difference is, except this was the type the store had.  If I do this well, I may cook a bit more often.  It is the standing I have problems with, but Mom can help with that.

I have some Christmas crafts to do after I finish the costume.  I make ornaments for my students every year and Hannah helped me cut them out and basted them so all I have to do is sew them together and stuff them.  We will do that next Friday, our next sewing day.  Their little sister, Sarah, wants to sew to because I bought this beginning sewing kit for her and she did real well with it.  She told her mom she really liked sewing.  So I may start her on some easy stuff for little ones.  She is only 6.

I almost have my Christmas cards done.  They are mostly addressed except a couple.  I will finish them this weekend and mail them out early next week!  I am so proud that they are almost done.  I haven't done cards in several years so this year is cool!

I hope this finds you doing well.  Mom and I are fine, almost healthy (well, healthy for me anyway, just still have a bit of a cough).  We are thankful for our friends and our families!  I hope this season brings you much joy and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment