Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mom was very frustrated this morning about her confusion.  She wanted to know why and I said it was a part of her memory loss issue.  She wanted to know more.  It is the first time she actually asked about it.  She wanted me to prepare her for what is coming and what she has.  I was surprised because usually I can get around those type of questions because she doesn't ask point blank like she did today.  So I told her about her Alzheimer's and what stage she is in and where she is heading.  She took it very well.  I mean, a few tears, but not many especially as I was crying through most of it.  She asked me to print off the paper with the stages and make her a book to keep track of things.  I usually keep track of her medicines and stuff in my head, but she wants to help by keeping it in a book.  So I will make her a book.  She wants to help with that too.  She wants to be involved I think.  I am not sure.  I am not sure what she can do because she can't do a whole lot anymore.  I told her that by the time she gets to stage 7 she would have no memory left.  She is in stage 5 now.  I hope to keep her here for a while.  I know she is going down and getting worse, but right now she can still enjoy things and have a good laugh at stuff.  That is what is important, that she enjoy things and have a good laugh now and again.  She knows that I will keep her with me as long as I possibly can and that I will still see her daily even when I am not with her all the time.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment