Friday, December 4, 2009

Saw old dogs (the movie) this afternoon.  Oh my gosh!  It was soooooo funny!  Mom and I laughed our butts off!  I know critics hated it and gave it like about 1/2 star but I loved it.  We need to definitely get this one when it comes out on DVD.  Speaking of DVDs, Harry Potter #6 comes out Tuesday!  I can't wait.  It is going to be a Christmas present from Mom to me so we can't watch it until after Christmas, not that I mind, I did see it 3 times in the movie theatre so a few more weeks won't kill me.  The chipmunks new movie comes out soon too, I want to see that.

Mom is doing pretty okay today.  I ordered a new book about the mid stages of Alzheimer's yesterday that should help me with where she is at.  I also found out that my friend Kathleen took care of her grandmother and she has the same thing!  So that is two people I can ask questions if I have any.  She loved the movie so I was very happy and excited about that.  I thought that she would.  She still understands quite a bit so she is easy to entertain with movies (going out to them, otherwise she falls asleep in the chair in the dining room)  I am working on a regular schedule for us so she won't get as confused as she can get.  She was a bit confused as usual this morning and opened the front door, but didn't go out.  She likes to check the weather in the morning by sticking her hand out the door, I hate it because I am afraid she will go out, but she does this every morning like clockwork, so what can I do?

Pain is medium today, my back is better than last week when my flare decided to go to my lower back and hips so that I couldn't even stand up straight.  From behind I must have looked pretty funny since I was so bent over.  Fortunately, it is almost over, the pain is in the middle of the lower back but I can stand straight up and walk normal, well, normal for me.

It snowed apparently last night and this morning.  I missed it!  yeah!  No snow for Heather!  I like snow on Christmas Eve and Day and that is about it.  Snow makes Mom very nervous which makes me nervous and driving is awful because she constantly is telling me how to drive.  Now, I know how to drive but if I say anything, there will be that time that I miss something and we will get in an accident, so I don't say anything I just bite my tongue.  It is best this way.

I hope you are having a snow free day and plenty of sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment