Saturday, March 20, 2010

Had a great afternoon with Kathy.  No one was sick, so she came to town.  Tillie stayed with Mom and I went out.  It was nice being alone without Mom although Kathy doesn't mind when Mom comes, so that is good because next time, Mom will most likely be with me.  The dining room is about 1/2 finished.  I have to clear the table off and sort the bills.  There are some boxes I must sort too.  Not looking forward to all this sorting but I will get to it.  It seems so quiet here without Maia and Tillie now.  It's just me and Mom!  Mom drank a bit more today and even ate 1/2 of a fruit cup!  I was excited about that.  She had a frozen dinner, ate 1/2 the meat and 3/4 of the potatoes, a lot for her.  Kathy and I went to the Outback restaurant and had steak and shrimp.  I enjoyed it too, didn't need it, but I liked it.  Then we went to Walmart to pick up some stuff for me and look at cute tops for her little ones.  The twins got a new t-shirt each with the princess from the princess and the frog movie on it.  They were adorable.  Mom is tired tonight.  I think she is just tired more from the whirlwind of activity this week.  They got a lot done that is for sure.  The stuff that is left either is recycle, garbage, needs to be sorted, or mine.  The back cupboards do need to be vacuumed still, I will do that this week if I can.  Then Tillie said she would scrub them for me.  

She is anxious to get to the downstairs, I dread it.  There is so much stuff in the family room, I don't know where to begin.  I have about 20 painted violins and violas down there.  I am going to take them to a place that will sell them in town.  I can't wait for it to be finished, but I dread the process of it.  The office needs to be organized, I have music in piles on the table and books on the floor, but not much will go from there because there isn't much in there that isn't used.  My room has been done, it just needs to be cleaned and if I do all the laundry that needs to be done and put it away, it would be cleaned.  Mom's room is a disaster area.  You can truly see some of the symptoms or problems (whatever you want to call it) of Alzheimer's in her room.  She has piles of clothes on boxes, paper in boxes, and boxes of junk everywhere.  It is actually kind of dangerous for her because if she falls, she has a good chance of landing on something.  Fortunately, the 2 times she has fallen, she landed just so on the carpet where there wasn't anything there.  It looks like something out of a movie at times.

Kathy is going to buy my other DS Lite, I bought it for Mom but she can't use it anymore.  It has only been used a few times.  It is almost one year old.  I am also going to give her some of the board games we have.  I am going to keep one Monopoly in case I have friends come over and play, but I don't need 7 or 8 different versions of the game.  They just don't get played.  Mom can't play games anymore but Kathy's children do, so they are going to a good home and will be well used.  Just like Mom would like if she was more aware.

Overall, the week went well.  We did have to go to Windsor unexpectedly on Friday, and Mom and Tillie were there Wednesday and Thursday morning.  A lot of stuff got done.  Oh yeah, I want the clear vase.  I have to remember to put it in the cupboard.  I am planning on buying Mom a spring bouquet of flowers for her birthday next week and I will need the vase.  She will be 76 next Saturday.  I am giving an open house type of birthday party at Tillie's for her.  My cousins, Audrey, Ken, and Vickie will be there as well as all of Tillie's children and some of the grandchildren.  Audrey and Ken's kids might be there too.  We saw Hayley today but she won't be there.  We will see her again in April either before or after she goes on vacation for Easter.  I hope she has a good time.

The day before Easter I am having cake and ice cream for Mom's birthday for those who live over here and couldn't go to the party because they don't have passports to get into Canada.  Kathy and her husband and kids will be at that one.  It shall be fun.

Today has been a good day, I hope yours has too although cold weather is coming back.  yuck.  Want my spring weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment