Saturday, March 6, 2010

I just finished the two lessons for the day!  I am also cooking the corned beef, cabbage, and red potatoes!  It smells so good.  I snitched a couple of pieces (I cut them into small pieces) of corned beef and a piece of potato.  They tasted good already and made me hungry for dinner.  Too bad it is only 2:15 pm!  Not time for dinner!  Tillie is coming tomorrow for dinner.  I think I will make the pork roast, at least at this point I do.  We shall see what I feel like tomorrow!

Lily and Aggie did really well this week.  Lily finished up a piece and has 2 almost done.  Aggie got 2 new songs for the spring concert.  One is from Little Women and the other from Mary Poppins (the Broadway).  I love both songs, they are so cool.  Aggie seemed to like them a lot too.  
Mom is doing alright today.  She ate a muffin for breakfast is about to have an ensure.  It is almost time for her afternoon snack.  She gets them a couple of times a day depending on how much dinner and breakfast she eats.  We don't eat lunch because we aren't really up in time for breakfast, we usually eat between 11 and noon, so that is our breakfast.  She does real well during lessons, she sits in the living room and listens to the students.  I think she enjoys it.  I don't really know if she does or doesn't, except she doesn't cry during them, so that is why I think she likes them.  We have to go out soon to buy a smoke detector for the upstairs, ours is broken.  Must think safety first!!!!!  Always!  I know Mom won't know what to do with it should it go off, but I do know and that is what counts.

I have a bit of a headache today, not a super bad one, but a bit bad, a little bit more than the usual one.  It's been about 6 years since i didn't have a headache.  I don't remember what it was like.  Kinda strange to think about.  A head that doesn't hurt.  What a phenomenon!  I try not to think about what could be, what could have been, and what was, because there is no point and it makes me sad.  It's like with Mom, why dwell on the past when she could do stuff that she can't do know.  It does no good.  

On to better topics.  It is so beautiful out today!!!!!!!!!  Sunshine and 50 degrees!  What a beautiful combination for March 6.  I am happy about it that is for sure.

I talked to Richard (the older brother) today!  Yeah!  I just simply adore my older brother.  I miss him so much.  Actually, I miss both of my brothers, but at least I got to see the younger one at Christmas time.  I hope to fly out this summer to see Richard and his family.  He has two kids who are simply awesome.  We shall see what summer brings.

Well, I hope your day is going good and that the sun is out where you are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment