Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I met Danielle for lunch today for the first time in a few years. She has now graduated from University of Michigan and has finished her student teaching and is now, like so many of us, looking for a job. She has done some subbing and seems to really like teaching. I am glad she found something she enjoys. It was so nice seeing her. Even Mom did well while we were there. She didn't eat her soup, but other than that she was doing alright.

This new medicine seems to make her more zombie like than I would like, but I guess if I had a choice between the crying all the time Mom and the zombie like one, I will pick the zombie like one. She is still as tired as she used to be. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do about that. Oh well, she is calmer than she used to be and I am enjoying it as much as I can. Watching a person you love go down the hill is hard. It makes me think of what our friends and family go through as we go up and down with our illness(es). It can't be too easy on them when we feel like crap most of the time. The hardest thing for me is the tiredness and the not walking well. I can't walk very far anymore. I know some of it is my weight, but even when I was skinnier I had trouble. The pain is passable, I would say most days, although, I do have my bad days too, but this exhaustion kills me the most. I want to go back to work when Mom is in a home, but seriously? Can I do it? I don't know. Maybe things will pick up in my state and I will be able to get a few more students, enough to balance out the deficit Mom's leaving will bring. That along with disability would work. I am glad you can work a bit on disability. I don't think I could work 40 hours, but then again, I don't know until I try. I guess I just have to leave it until the time comes that I have to think about it.

Pain is medium as usual, I didn't feel too much when I was with Danielle though! Good times with her. We need to do this again when Katie is in town. They are both so cute! I can't believe how fast they grew up on me. It seems like yesterday when they were in elementary school getting ready for junior high. How the time has flown on me.

I hope your day is good!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment