Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We are back from Windsor.  Mom had her shower and her hair washed.  She is spiffed up and smells nice.  I like the shampoo that Tillie has and the soap too.  The nurse was there to look at Mom too, he doesn't need to come back he said unless a problem comes up again.  Rosemary was there too checking the special cushion for mom and the bathtub transfer chair.  I have to rent one for her because we only get this one for a month.  It runs anywhere from 30 to 50 dollars a month.  That is a lot of money for a chair, but she needs it for her bath.  She is much safer with it than without.  She is afraid to get in the bathtub so we have to have a chair.  I have places to call and checking into whether we should buy one or rent one.  I don't know.  I will see how expensive it is.  I have a list of places to call.

The cakes are ordered.  Mickey and Minnie Mouse cakes, to be exact.  I ordered the second one just decorated without the toy because we will have the toy from the first cake.  I have to get a veggie tray on Saturday as well as the cookies.

I got a big packet from Rosemary to read.  It has all sorts of info about Alzheimer's and the problems and how to deal with them.  It is old, she said, but still relevant.  I plan to look through it tonight right after I put Mom to bed.

I have to pay some bills tomorrow.  My bank account will hate me, but it is a necessary evil, bills must be paid.

Pain has been a bit high today, partly because we were in Windsor and it seems on those days I have a bit more pain.  I am a bit stressed over Mom having a bath and her hair done because I don't know how she is going to behave.  So far, she does everything Teri asks and even talks with her.  Teri is very good with her.  I should be able to start to relax about this now.  I have seen it twice and both times have gone well.  Tillie said last week went well too, so I am glad about that.

I hope your day has been alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment