Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It is a better day now. It didn't start off very well, but it is fine now. I needed help this morning because I was shouting and getting frustrated and that does not help the situation any. Mom is resting in the living room now. She is very tired and bent over today. She didn't eat her brunch today so I am going to try again later to see if she will eat it. She is just really out of it. I called my friend, Donna, and she help me calm down and also told me how to help Mom in the morning when she is having difficulty. That helped me a lot! Now I know what to do when she is having issues first thing in the morning! That will help in the future a lot because we are going to have days like this. Mom did say she was very tired this morning when I went into her room. She was actually sweating though so I pulled off her little jacket and changed her shirt. I don't want her to get a cold or the flu from being overheated. I don't know if you can, but just in case. I need her to be a healthy mom. I am going to let her sleep a little bit longer before I go and check in on her. She was cold again so I put some blankets on her. Poor thing, she hasn't had an easy day. At least she won't have a screaming daughter this afternoon and maybe she will be able to eat more or have an ensure. I don't care if she finished her muffins, that is immaterial to me, it is drinking the ensure she needs today since she can't really eat. I have several at my fingertips to give her when she can! She is down to 92 pounds again and her pants are practically falling off her but I did go to get her new jeans and they didn't have her size. I know somewhere in her bedroom are 2 pairs of size 6 jeans and that is what she needs. The ones she has on now are size 10, and well, you get the picture. We will be working on her room as soon as the garage is done. That gets done next week, I think that is the plan. I know Tillie and Maia are coming over, so I think it is the garage that is next. Doesn't really matter to me, as long as by the end of summer the house is ready for sale. I am not planning on selling the house right now as houses, like in many other areas, just aren't selling, but it would be nice to have a clean house that isn't so cluttered. I have been able to not reclutter the rooms that have been finished. I put things away when I am done with them instead of putting them on a pile. I don't want to mess up the work that has been done. The only exception is the dining room table. That is still kinda of cluttered with bills and music. But that is the only area! And once the music is put away, that will be it for the music all over the place. Katie is coming sometime in June to help me put away all the music that is in the dining room, living room, and family room. Oh yeah, and the office. Everywhere but in the file cabinets they belong in! Speaking of music, I need to pull some out for Frank. He has to make a choice of what song he wants to play that is on the list for summer competition. I ordered some new music for him since I didn't have very many on the list. You would think that a person with over 700 pieces and books of piano music would have the songs on the list. Nope, I didn't. I was surprised. I had a couple of songs on the list from level 7 and only 1 on the list for level 8. I don't know which level he will be in the competition as every competition is different and the levels aren't always the same. Frank is a very talented pianist. Very very talented. He is such a joy to teach because he loves all types of music, not just pop like many children. I never have a problem giving him classical (like I do with some), he has also been known to bring in all types of music that he wants to learn. Half the time, it is his choice of what we are learning and that is wonderful. Mom really enjoys hearing him play too. She likes listening to all my students, which I am glad because I have her sit in the living room during lessons. I am afraid to leave her in the dining room in case she falls asleep and falls off the chair, that would be very bad.

I talked to my friend, Karlyn, online this afternoon too! I just love being able to speak with her again. She was one of my best friends in high school and then we lost touch as people do, and then face book brought us back together and it has been great! I really enjoy talking to people I haven't spoken with for years, it is one of the neatest things about face book. You get reconnected to friends you haven't seen in years. It is really nice. She has 3 little ones now. She lives in Ohio about 5 hours away from me. Way too far, but what can you do? People have to live where they or their spouses work. It is just that way.

My friend, Kathleen, had another surgery this morning and seems to be doing well. We will know more in a few days. That is all I know so far. Things are looking up from what the posts say. I hope so!

Pain is down today. I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday, even with the extra stressed morning I had. I had to take an extra pain pill and now I feel alright, not great, but alright. I can handle everything now. I don't need to go outside for anything right now. For tomorrow's early appointment, I plan to wake up 1/2 hour earlier than originally planned in case Mom is having a rough day. Actually, maybe I should call Carolyn and have her watch mom. That might be better since I have to be there at 11:15 am. That would probably be better. That way, I can do the study and not worry about Mom. Yup, I will see if she is available tomorrow.

Carolyn is available to sit with Mom tomorrow while I go for the Fibromyaglia study. I am excited to participate in this study because they are looking at new tools to help diagnose Fibro. So anyway I can help, I will. It is just an interview, that's it! Just an interview. I will let you know how it goes.

Anyways, it is turning out to be an okay day, just had a rough start. I don't know where exactly I am going tomorrow, but I will look it up on mapquest. I hope your day is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment