Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mom will be discharged from the hospital tomorrow! Yeah! She is doing better today! Yesterday was just a bad day for her. I don't know why, but today is better. She will be transferring to a nursing home for 2 weeks, then she will come home to me! I can't wait for that. I miss her when she isn't around. I know she misses me. While I was there, Physical Therapy came by to see her and they got her up out of bed and using a walker, out for a walk. She did have to take a detour to the bathroom, but then she went for a walk. How exciting. Yesterday, I thought I was at the end for her, but now it seems she has rallied a bit and is back to doing how she was before she went into the hospital. I do realistically realize that this may happen again since eating and drinking are very hard for her, but I can deal with it as it comes. I feel much stronger today, but I wasn't yesterday. Today, I can handle anything that is handed to me, yesterday, not so much. I have a good support system so that is good. I do have some laundry to do for her because I don't have enough clean for her so I can pack a suitcase for her to take to the nursing home for her. I, fortunately, have enough clean tee shirts and sweats for her and socks, however, her pair of jeans are dirty as well as her pajamas. I want her to look cute as she is having her physical therapy for the next 2 weeks. Thank goodness we found her clothes. There are some in the spare room too. I will pack later this afternoon and put the suitcase in the front hall so I don't forget to bring it to her tomorrow. I have papers to sign for her tomorrow since Mom can't really sign for herself. I am her patient advocate and her power of attorney person. I will take good care of her. I will be counting down the days until she comes home though, since I miss her so much. I will also enjoy the break from the day to day grind of taking care of her. I plan to put some stargate in this afternoon to watch. I love that show.

I am having such a good day, pain is down and Mom is doing well! What could be better (outside of Mom being home with me having a good day)?

If Richard wants to come and visit now, that would be fine, but I don't feel the need for him to be here. With Mom doing good and going to a new place tomorrow, I think she is on the road to recovery as much as she can. She probably will know him right now if he comes. She seems to know who he is when I talk about him and the family, so that is a good thing.

It is warm outside today. The sun is shining although a possible storm later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment