Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It is really pretty outside today with the blue sky and white puffy clouds. It is a bit cooler than it has been, but I don't mind. I like the temperature better than the 80 degrees and the 90 degrees. My head doesn't ache as much with this weather.

Mom is in the living room taking a bit of a nap. I had one too, but only for about an hour where as she is still sleeping two hours later. That is fine. She needs the rest. We had to get up earlier today and I think she woke up from pain in her back early. She doesn't sleep in the middle of the bed enough so sometimes her legs fall over the side of the bed and that hurts her back. I am going to get a body pillow to put behind her so she isn't really laying on her back which she shouldn't do with a pressure sore anyways. I can alternate sides every night for her.

I only have Charlie today, Zach rescheduled because he has a really bad headache. He is coming tomorrow. Works for me. We are also meeting Georgette for a late lunch tomorrow. It will be fun.

Kathy is supposed to be checking her schedule for the rest of the summer to see when a good time for us to come and visit will be. Mom and I are planning (okay, I am planning) to stay at a hotel with a pool so the kids can come and swim while we all visit together. It should be fun. Mom loves watching the kids play. I don't know when my older brother Richard is coming for a visit yet. Sometime in July.

Mom has to see a general surgeon now for her pressure sore. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about it, but Dr. Gradolph wants us to see one so we will. I will be making the appointment today. She has gained 5 pounds now since she has been home. I am so excited about that. I don't know how she did it, and I don't really care because she did. That is all that counts. She gained 5 pounds. She now weighs 86 pounds. I also will be getting her a donut type cushion to sit on where ever we go because that will help with the pressure on her bottom. Poor thing, she is so tiny, she is just a little bitty thing. She is only about 5 feet 3 1/2 inches tall, although she is curved over a bit more than she used to be so she isn't much taller than me now and I am 5 feet 1/2 inch tall.

It has been a good day so far. I hope this finds you doing well too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I know you have your hands full, and it sounds like you are managing very well. My mother lives with me, and is under hospice care and I understand the 24/7. I am just grateful that Mom is fairly comfortable, and that my husband's work allows me to be home.
    One of my best friends has fibromyalgia so I am interested in returning to your site and reading more.
    I am a bloggerette also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mya!! Welcome!!!! Isn't the bloggerette thing fun? I am glad to meet someone else who has their mother at home. Glad your husband's job lets you do it. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete