Friday, June 4, 2010

Mom is doing alright. She didn't really cry to much when I was there this evening. She barely ate dinner though and passed up a snack at bedtime. Usually after dinner she falls asleep so they change her and put her into bed. I stayed for a couple of hours today. Mom was in better spirits so I think her infection must be clearing up. She is still a bit more confused than usual because of the infection, but that is normal for this situation. I am counting down the days until she comes home. I think I write that every night. Hmm, maybe I should stop doing that. I am getting calmer and calmer over this situation. I am sleeping a bit better now than I was last week. One more week, just one more week, that is what I keep telling myself. My pain level hasn't come completely back to normal yet, but I figure by the end of the week it should. My head isn't too bad, but it is more than the normal pain I have. My arm was a bit sore last night and this morning, but now it has calmed down.

I haven't cleared the table yet nor have I started Emily's dress. I will be working on the dress this weekend. I need help getting the sewing machine out of the trunk and I am sure Ross will do it for me tomorrow. I will get all my tools out tomorrow after I swiffer the floor. I don't want the floor dirty in case the dress accidentally reaches it. I don't remember how full the dress it and I don't want any dirt on it. I plan to do the dress in the afternoon before I go to help with Mom's dinner. I'd bring her a donut, but she didn't eat the last two I brought her. Oh yeah, speaking of food, the are switching Mom to pureed food because at lunch she spit out all the food that wasn't pureed. I guess she just couldn't swallow it then. She ate her little carrots okay and the couple of bits of pizza but she scarfed down the mashed potatoes. She loves potatoes, just loves them.

I may go to a movie on Sunday. Not really sure yet, but I might. I don't have anything else to do on Sunday except perhaps a movie. I am going to see what Katie is up too this weekend. I haven't seen her in forever it seems. Wednesday, I am meeting my friend, Wendy for tea at Tim Horton's after I am finished with Mom's lunch. We are meeting at 1:30. It should be so much fun.

I know have finished 5 out of the 6 used books I bought. I may have to take a quick run tomorrow for some more. I haven't been to the storage unit yet to check what books are there. If it doesn't rain Sunday, I will go. I need something to read for next week, the last week before Momma comes home.

It is raining out now. It was pretty nice most of the day, it is a bit cooler but still in the mid 70's, so it was nice weather out, before the rain I mean. It started about 5 minutes before I left from visiting Mom. I was going to leave a few minutes before I did, but I was chatting with Mom and didn't realize the time. She was starting to fall asleep. Silly me to get caught in the rain. At least the downpour (the 5 whole minute downpour) was mostly over so I didn't get soaked.

I hope this finds you doing well and not getting totally soaked in the rain!

2 comments:

  1. Hello:) It seems that you're going to be busy this weekend. It's getting very hot here. A little rain would help...Say hi to little Emily for me. I've been missing her beautiful voice. Well...what movie are you going to watch? We saw "It's complicated" recently and it was pretty good...I heard new sex and city is great~ Wish you a wonderful day...counting down "the mom coming home" with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline!!!!!!!!! It has cooled down here a bit, was getting hot. I'd love to send some rain to you!!!!!!! We saw It's Complicated too and that it was alright. I don't know what I am going to see. I want to do Lily and Emily's dresses for the wedding tomorrow too, so I may not have time. I want to pin their dresses up and have them try it on again before I cut the material. I love the postings of Olivia on your blog and face book! I think Mom is counting down the days as best as she can too!

    ReplyDelete