Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mom is in a lot of pain this morning. She couldn't eat her breakfast because her throat is just so raw. I tried to give her some lunch but she ate what she could, she is just in so much pain. I almost broke down and cried with her. They had given her a pain pill 2 hours before that so she can't get another for another 2 hours. Poor thing. I know what it is like to sit or lie in pain. It is awful. This whole new episode is breaking my heart. I don't like seeing her in pain. It is so hard for her to express herself that all she does is cry because of the pain. I hope they are giving her some pain medicine now as it is past 2:00. If it is like last time the pain should be lessening by tomorrow. But still, that is 4 days in pain for her. She should be able to eat better by Thursday, if it is anything like the last episode. So far, no need to send her back to the hospital. Thank goodness for that. She is confused on where she is enough.

I got her discharge papers this morning. She will be discharged on June 16 at about 10 in the morning. I will be there by 9:30 so we can have everything packed and ready to go. We are looking at 8 more days of this for her. So far all her blood tests have come out okay. Her urine test should be back this afternoon so they will know more about the urinary tract infection. She is almost done with the medicine for that. At least this way I will get whatever medicine she needs if the infection isn't gone, unlike if I take her out early. I can do this, it is only 8 more days away. She so wants to be home too. She asks everyday when does she get to go home. I just don't want her in pain. Her therapy seems to be working out well. Today is bath day but because she is on an IV, she couldn't do a regular shower so it is a sponge type bath for the little Mom today. At least she will be clean and spiffy smelling. Tomorrow I have to go down to the laundry because 1 of Mom's outfits is missing. I don't think it was marked so I will have that taken care of then. It is her favorite outfit, her Disney sweat pants and sweat jacket. She looks so adorable in it.

I have a bad headache today but I think partly because I didn't get enough sleep last night. I am going to be going into the living room for a brief nap before Frank's lesson. I think the other reason is the extra stress I am under because of Mom and the latest episode. I am just not taking this in stride, I don't know how to. I know these things are going to happen to her. She doesn't eat or drink enough but once she is home I can put my new plan in place and maybe this won't happen for a long while again. At least I know how she behaves when this happens. I wish I could prevent it from happening. My arm is really sore too, I think I am sore almost everywhere today. I hope tomorrow is better.

I hope your day is going well. Mine probably won't be good until Mom is home, safe and sound, with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment