Saturday, July 3, 2010

It has been a rather lazy type day around here. I had Lily's lessons, Aggie is on vacation (hopefully having fun in the sun!). After that I was so exhausted (I have no idea why I am so extra exhausted) that I sat down on the chair in the living room and closed my eyes for a few minutes. 4 hours later I woke up. This is the second Saturday in a row I have done this. Now last Saturday, I had a great excuse, the wedding the night before. This weeks excuse? I have none except I have been more tired this week. Stupid illnesses, is all I can say. They certainly get in the way sometimes, don't they? I am hoping to be a bit more awake tomorrow as I hope to take Mom to see Toy Story 3, if we are both feeling up to it. Mom is a bit more weepy today than usual, so I shall see how she is doing tomorrow. She is also hallucinating a bit more today than usual. That seems to be the most difficult to deal with, her imaginary friends and people. Usually, I say they went home. You never know who is going to pop up and visit us in her imagination. And of course, at times they say mean things to her or tell her to do stuff she doesn't need to do.

The sky is a beautiful blue without a cloud in it today. I would love to say I enjoyed the afternoon, but as I slept through it, I will have to look outside for the blue sky this evening. I think we will be watching Walker, Texas Ranger Season 6, disc 5. We have a couple of episodes left before the end of the season and time for the next season. Of course, we have season 7 all ready. I just remembered there is a Dollywood 25th anniversary special on at 8 pm. Mom loves Dolly Parton a lot. We have seen her live in concert a few times. When I was in my 20s, Mom got season tickets for a local professional theatre around here so I went with her to see several concerts. We got to see John Denver right before he died. We actually got to see him 2 times. It was great concerts. I couldn't take her now, the amount of people would really confuse her.

I hope you are having a good day whatever you are doing on the July 3, the day before Independence Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment