Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It is really hot out today. Not as humid as yesterday, but just as hot. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. Yuck. I don't do well in this weather. We may be skipping our usual tomorrow, depending on how early it gets hot. Mom simply melts in this type weather too. It is difficult for her, either the weather is too hot or too cold for her. I keep her in hoodies for the most time and don't take her outside too much in this weather. She doesn't understand why she is hot or cold most of the time.

The baby birds are almost ready to fly!!! Yup! The three little baby birds are popping their heads out of the nest above our light on the front porch. They are so cute. Mom has even been able to lift her head up enough to see them. I can't wait to see them fly, as long as they don't fly inside the house.

Mom had a manicure and a pedicure today. I didn't get her any polish on her nails because she never really has and I didn't think she could hold her hands steady enough for them to polish them. She had a bit of trouble with the pedicure. At first the water was too hot, then she didn't want to keep her feet in it, but eventually she calmed down enough to get her feet done. Her hands were better for her. I plan to do this monthly because I just can't cut her nails, she jumps too much for me to try. I have tried and it has just not worked.

She is doing well with this increased protein stuff. She has been drinking about 2 ensures with high protein everyday. She eats at least 1 chicken breast for dinner. I don't worry about the vegetables too much because she drinks the ensures. I just need her to keep up the good work with the protein. Her sore looks so much better. It is finally healing. She is doing better with standing up every so often to get the pressure off of her bottom. I am happy with how she is doing these days. She is calm and doesn't cry as much as she used too. She did have a bit of a cry before her pedicure started but the technician kept calm and soothed her. He was really nice to her and didn't get upset when she cried a bit. Naturally, in the middle of the manicure, she had to use the restroom. Perfect timing as usual.

I am aching a bit more than usual because of the humidity and heat. I just ache so much in this weather. I am definitely a spring and fall girl, unless it is raining, then I am not. I hate that weather plays such a part in pain. It is 91 degrees right now, with not a lot of humidity, but tomorrow is supposed to be more humid and more heat. I don't ache as much as I did yesterday, but I anticipate more pain tomorrow. The weatherman says tomorrow will be high humidity tomorrow. Thursday will be bad too, then Friday! Relief! It cools off just in time for us to go to my Uncle's on Saturday. Speaking of which, need to switch a lesson to an earlier time and reschedule the next weeks since we will be out of town. I am looking forward to our little jaunt to Kalamazoo. It shall be fun. I think Mom will really enjoy it. We are also hoping to see our friend, Laurie while we are there. I think it will be a blast. I am going to also see if April will want to come and visit with us. Maybe Alesia too.

I hope you are having a great day!!!!!!!!!! Despite the pain, it has been a fun day. I did take a brief (only 1 1/2 hours) nap this afternoon when we got back from the mani and pedi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment