Monday, July 5, 2010

It is very hot today. Thank goodness for air conditioning! I get heat sickness very easy. If I am out for as little as 5 minutes directly under the sun without a hat, I can be sick for days. It is an annoying problem. However, I have learned how to deal with it. My biggest concern now is making sure Mom is not in the heat very long and that she is hydrated. So far she is cooperating. We both were wiped out again today, don't really know why as we didn't go out in the heat very long, just in and out of the car to Tim Horton's. We get priority parking as I have a handicap sticker so it isn't like we are parked far away from the door. I slept for 3 hours this afternoon, this was after I got up at noon. I am a lot more sore than usual because of the heat and humidity. It is very humid out today. Ugh, for me. I don't really like summer very much. I never really have as when you get sick from the sun and heat, how can you enjoy it? Fortunately, I don't have the sweating problem my older brother has. He sweats very easy and that has to be hard for him as he loves the outdoors and sun. I am still unsure of when he is coming to visit.

I made reservations for a hotel in Kalamazoo to see Kathy and kids. I can't wait. We are staying at a hotel that has a pool inside. There were other hotels near by that have pools too, but they were outside and with the heat problem I have, not a good idea. Also, if it is poor weather the kids can't swim, this way, no matter what they can swim. I hope to remember to bring my camera so I can take pictures of the Kathy's family. I just love her kids, they are so adorable and great, even the toddlers! Okay, I probably have as much patience at times as Kathy as I deal with similar problems. Alzheimer's and toddlers often behave the same. Mom's understanding level at times is about at a 3 year old. As long as I keep that in mind, I do fine, when I forget, oh my, I start yelling. I haven't really yelled in a while since she came home. Even though it was awful when she was gone, it did help a bit to recharge my batteries. I am much calmer and less easy to anger now that she is home so maybe some good came out of her being in a home. Other than that, I can't think of any good that came from her being there.

I have a couple of lessons tomorrow, but other than that, we will be hiding inside this week. I may even buy extra stuff at Tim Horton's this week if the heat index gets higher. I don't want either one of us to get heat sickness. It really is awful and to add it to the extra pain, ugh, is all I can say.

I hope you are staying cool as the heat wave continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment