Tuesday, October 5, 2010

tuesday a better day

It is definitely a better day today.  Mom finished one ensure at lunch/breakfast and is working on the 2nd one.  She so needs the protein.  I wish there was a protein pill because I would so give it to her.  It would heal her pressure sores in an instant.  She hasn't had them last this long ever.  it is going on 3 weeks now.  I know it is the protein that heals them.  The nurse is looking at what else to do for her.  I don't know that there really is anything to do for her.  The nurse is not really happy about the bed situation.  She likes Mom sleeping on the special hospital bed, but not that I am so far away from her and she is close to the door.  I don't think Mom can get over the rails and she sleeps in one position all night long but still there is that small chance she would figure out the door and go out it.  Tonight I am going to try to take her upstairs to bed.  This way I can gate her in.  If she can't, then I will put her in the living room.  She should be strong enough tonight for it as she is having a really good day.  The past few days have been very hard on her, she was so weak, I don't know why.  She couldn't walk, she couldn't eat, she couldn't do anything.  Now she is her normal, well, somewhat normal, self.

If she stays like this we can go to my cousin's for the Canadian Thanksgiving and to my Uncle's in a couple of weeks.  How cool would that be?  I will be bringing the food thickener though with me.

Mom is also getting to the point of pureed food.  Doesn't sound that tasty to me, but if that is what I need to do, I will.  My friend, Jen, told me how to do it.  She used to make it for her kids when they were small.  I have to find our blender/food processor, as I haven't seen it in a few years.  I think it is over the fridge in a cabinet there.  Dumb place for a cabinet, let me tell you.  No one can reach up there.

The pelvic pain is slowly going away, thank God for that!  I was able to sleep a bit better last night for a change, and hope to again tonight, especially since I am moving Mom back upstairs tonight.  I will sleep much better with her up those stairs in the room next to me.  I have a bit of more of a headache than usual, but who knows why.

I meant to bring out one of my Christmas crafts, but I always say, in a minute, and that minute hasn't come yet.  I do hope to start something this week.  I also have a pair of jeans to fix for my friend, and a skirt to finish for Natalie.  The procrastinator in me!  Not good.  I have been taking naps in the afternoon because I have been extra tired lately.  I am not sure why except maybe less sleep at night.  I don't know.  We are hanging in here at this house.  I am hoping to see Richard soon, but he hasn't mentioned coming to see us since summer.  I am afraid because he is waiting, it may get to be too late but, when you are working contract work because there is no full time job, you have to take the work when you get it.  So I do understand, it is just that Alzheimer's doesn't understand and is robbing Mom more and more of herself everyday.

I do hope you are enjoying fall.  We are, this weather is so much nicer than the hot summer.  It really is for me.  I am not looking forward to snow though, that I can skip except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment