Saturday, November 20, 2010

I am so tired!

I am so tired today!  I got up at 5:30, although I was awake at 5 am this morning.  I had to be up by 5:30 so that I could leave for the craft show by 6 am.  It was about 50 minutes away.  Ugh, I am so not a morning person.  I think I freaked the lady out at Tim Horton's by going through the drive through so early.  I took my drink and sandwich and headed to Redford.  It is on the west side of Detroit and I live Northeast of Detroit so I had a long way to go.  I haven't ever been to Redford so I was a bit worried about the directions, but I found it okay.  I only got turned around once which was good.  They helped unload the car and I went and set up.  The show was not well attended.  There were about 50 crafters there and very few people coming through.  It was a fundraiser for 2 elementary schools and believe me, very few people came.  I got lucky, I did sell 2 violins, but I didn't sell any books.  I did do better than Donna, she sold nothing.  The girl next to us did sell a bit, but not enough to pay herself back for the booth.  I think every crafter there was disappointment with the turnout.  I was.  At first I seriously thought of leaving early because there were so few people there.  I mean those that were commented on my violins, but didn't buy.  then about 3:30, 2 people came and bought 2.  I was so happy about that.  That will pay a bill in December.  I am definitely going to try ebay next though and another site too that sells arts and crafts.

Tillie and Maia were apparently here this afternoon.  I was not happy to drive into a dark house because I don't like that.  I left the light outside on purpose on so that I would be able to see when I got home.  I also left a light on in the dining room so the house would be lit up.  They turned everything off when they left and they also locked the bottom lock only which I don't like.  I want the top lock locked, not the bottom lock.  Please lock the deadbolt, it is harder to break into than the handle.  I have asked for this before, but it doesn't always get done.  I feel safer with the deadbolt on, not the handle lock.  It is a safety thing for me.  I am having a hard enough time being alone in the house, so I need the deadbolts locked.  Eventually I will get used to being home alone, but not right now.  Plus, I didn't know they were coming over so I was a bit freaked when I pulled into a dark house without any lights on.  I know they didn't know I left it on on purpose, but I did.  If I had known they were coming, I would have told them.

I am hoping this week will be a better overall week for me.  I have some stuff I have to fax to the state of Michigan Monday without fail!!!!  I can't forget like I have been, it is very, very important it get down.  So tomorrow I will pull all the paperwork that needs to be faxed and do it first thing Monday morning when I get up.  Then I will call the state of Michigan and let them know the stuff has been faxed so that I can finally set up my payment plan for the back sales and use tax from the store.  Such a royal pain in the bottom this has been!!!  Totally a pain!!!!

I am hoping for some new company next week for the week.  I will let you know as this happens.  Right now, I am tired of sorting stuff and need a major break from it.  It gets too upsetting for me to do.  I know people don't understand that, but they need to understand how hard this is for me.  It is very hard going through Mom's stuff and I don't want to do it right now.  I want the house to stay the way it is for a while, then go through the stuff.  I just don't want anything done right now.  I need more time to move forward, I feel like I am being rushed and ignored at times.  Like what I want doesn't always matter, it is what everyone else wants.  Well, I matter to me, and that is what counts.  I want things just left the way they are.  I am not moving anytime soon so the house doesn't have to be emptied yet.  Just leave it alone.

I hope your day has been good.  Mine was okay, not great, but not bad either.  I did sell 2 violins which is 2 more than I sold yesterday so I am happy about that.

2 comments:

  1. Heather, getting here late today, or rather early sunday..i am sorry the sale did not go as well as expected..might try ebay next time I guess..
    I would be very unhappy about people coming into the house when I am not there..and then turning the light off would spook me too..Believe me when I tell you that there is no rush to go through all the stuff. It will be there..take YOUR time, this is your timeline, no one elses..as much as they mean well, its not anyone's stuff but yours.
    Have a good restful day and chat later,
    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your time and your grief, and others should let you go by your own pace. People in trying to help, too often think you should do things the way they do.

    You have much to do and you should take care of the necessary things first - that's enough. The rest will get done in good time - your time.

    ReplyDelete