Tuesday, November 16, 2010

monday - a busy day

We had a real estate lady here earlier to tell us how much the house is worth in this market.  I just want to have an idea for when we sell it.  We aren't selling anytime soon that is for sure because I am going to have a job that will keep me in it while I slowly go through it.  I am not in a rush.  I need time to really think about what I have, what I want, and what I need.

Yesterday, I was at Uncle John's.  It was mostly a good day.  I got tired and a bit of a headache at the end of the night.  I am not sure why but I did.  I left first because it was almost 9 pm and I needed to get going to drive home the hour and a half it takes.  I didn't want to be driving with a bad headache which was on its way.  Mean head.

Phoebe is coming over tonight.  I can't wait to see her.  I want to hear all about her new job.  She just started today so I am excited for her.  Also, she is going to give me information to apply for the job.  I know she went it to me before, but I accidentally erased it.  What was I thinking?

It is a bit of a sad day for me.  It has been 4 weeks since Mom died.  5 weeks since she last spoke to me.  I will always treasure the fact that the last thing she said to me and the last thing I said to her was I love you. I mean, how cool is that?  How many people actually get to say that?  Not many.  So many that I know of regret what they say to the person they love right before they die because they don't know they are going to die.  I am glad I have a beautiful memory of her saying I love you to me.  I also made sure for the last few years that I told her everyday how much I loved her.  Because she was losing her memory I really wanted her to remember that I loved her.  She remembered that until the very end as far as I know.  I would ask her, Momma do you know how much I love you?  Did I tell you today how much I love you?  She would sometimes say, yes, you told me, tell me again, other times she would say I don't know if you did.  But I made sure that everyday I told her how much I loved her even when I was mad at her.

Phoebe and I had a great time.  She made spaghetti with sausage!  Yum!  We watched the bucket list.  Surprisingly it was funny and I wasn't sad watching it like I was afraid I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment