Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tuesday 11-16-2010

I have 2 students today.  1 is brand new to me!  I am very excited about that.  It shall be interesting.  I always enjoy teaching and am thrilled to pieces that I have 2 new students starting this week.

Tillie and Maia went home.  They were here today and yesterday.  I don't have any plans for them to come back as right now I am doing alright and can handle being alone.  I am getting used to the solitude of the house.  I have even enjoyed some TV stuff which is a first for me in several months as I was so worried about the little lady.  I really enjoyed the comments on her pictures and her story.  I miss her a lot, but that is to be expected.  The pain is not always gut wrenching like it was.  Sometimes it still is, but overall, I am slowly, very slowly, healing.  I think I will miss her forever, but I am trying to keep busy so I don't think about her all the time.

Today was the first day I went to the music store without Mom.  She was so proud that I taught music.  She would get so mad when people would ask when was I going to get a real job.  She would answer, she has a real job in a very stern tone.  She got so annoyed by people thinking I didn't have a real job.  Well, teaching is a real job!

I am not, however, looking forward to the holidays as of yet.  I do hope to get into the swing of things when they arrive.  I am going to put up our little tree on the princess table in the living room and that probably is about it.  I don't want to go all out like I had originally planned.  We all know why but I do want something Christmasy out because not celebrating Jesus' birthday is not good.  Why should he be ignored because Momma is with him?  I mean, how cool for her, she gets to celebrate his birthday with him.  I just wished she was here with me.

Not much happening this week except for 2 new students and my current students.  I plan to apply for a job today online.  I hope I get an interview.  It is the place Phoebe works and it sounds fun.  I am not looking for a new career right now, but something part time would help pay the bills and keep my disability so that is what is important.  My limited mobility shouldn't be a problem as it is a sit down at the phones all day job.  I probably won't want to talk on the phone when I get home though!  That is what happened when I worked at a call center before.  At least this will be a permanent type job not seasonal like the other.

Anyways, here is a picture of me and mom when I was at Kathy's wedding.  It was one of the best days of my life.  I think I was more excited than she was at this point.  She was so tired after months of planning.  I was so happy and excited about her wedding.  The other great days were the birth of my niece and nephew and Kathy's children's birth.  Graduation rates up there too.


I was thrilled to be one of the maid of honors.  Her friend, Karen, and I shared the honor.  It was such an awesome evening.  Doesn't Mom look simply gorgeous????  I think so.  I look pretty good too.  I can clean up well.  I still have the dress.  Doesn't fit me anymore, but I still have it.  This was in November of 1996.

I do hope this finds you doing well and having a great day!  I am having a good one, can't say great, but overall, it is pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you and your mom! Glad you had two new students today. I can't believe people used to say that teaching wasn't a real job! Praying for you during the upcoming Holiday season. I know you will miss your mom a lot.

    ReplyDelete