Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It is cold outside!

I am not ready for this winter.  The only good thing I can say about it is that I don't have to try to keep Mom warm as she froze even in the summer.  Poor little lady was dreading winter, and I was along with her because keeping her warm was very hard.  I did my best though and generally I was able to keep her warm.  I just piled clothes and hoodies on her.  We even had a couple of sets of long underwear on her last winter.  We had underarmour brand and the regular type too.

I only had 1 student tonight because Alyssa went home sick from school.  Poor kid.  Tough to be sick this close to the Holidays.  I received my first Christmas present today from Dawson.  An awesome piano ornament.  It is in the shape of a baby grand piano.  Simply wonderful.  I have to wrap my students presents because I haven't done that yet.

I am waiting for big brother, Richard to call me back.  I took William and Abigail's gift to the UPS store to ship, well, they are now in my trunk because it will cost about $300 to ship them.  Yeah, that is a lot.  Richard and Jennifer have to talk about this because Richard is going to reimburse me for the shipping.  I don't really have the money for shipping so he would need to send it to me in order to send them to the kids.  I, of course, am hoping that this will sway them to be going this way for the vacation!  I know, I know, I am wishing, but hey, isn't this the season wishes come true?  I can only hope, but I do have a back up plan.  I have told my students that I am teaching during vacation because I am not going out west.  So far, pretty much all of them want lessons.  How cool is that?  Pretty cool if you ask me.  I would rather teach than sit around and do nothing.  I have to pick up Richard and Jennifer's gift certificates this week so I can send them to them.  I also need to get 1 more present.  I know what I am getting this special young person, I just haven't picked it up yet.

I am cold tonight.  Just a minute, I am going to plug in the space heater.  I am freezing.  Ah, that is better.  I bought it last year to help keep Mom warmer.  It helped a lot and was cheaper than turning up the heat because the gas was very expensive where as the electricity wasn't too bad.  It is just a small thing that sits on the kitchen counter.  I have it pointed right at me.  Helps to keep me warm!  I have noticed this year that I am colder than usual.  I don't know if that is a sign that my blood is a problem or what, but whatever the reason, I am colder than usual.  Could be also that we dropped down fast this year instead of taking it slowly down.  We are in temperatures we usually see in January and February, not now in December.

I am tired tonight.  I had a hard time getting up this morning, but I notice I am waking up earlier than usual and getting tired earlier.  Doesn't matter, my schedule is so open most of the time that rare do I need to get up at a certain time.

I met up with my friend, Wendy today at Tim Horton's.  We had a really time catching up.  We talked for just over an hour and it was fun.  I enjoy meeting with her.  I like hearing about her children, husband, and family in general.  It is so nice that we can do this every so often.  She came to the viewing of Mom in October.  I really appreciated it.  She was there for a long time sitting next to me, I so needed a friend to sit with me as that was one of the worst days of my life.  The first worst day was the day Mom died, the 2nd worst day was the viewing, the 3rd worst day was her funeral, and the 4th worst day was her burial.  So Wendy, along with many other friends and family were there to let me know I wasn't alone.  Richard was there too and so was Andrew.  All in all, Wendy and I had a nice visit and enjoyed catching up with each other.  She is truly one of the nicest people I know.  I only wish I had known her better when we were young.  I have several friends I feel that way about.  However, I am glad that I have known Kathy since we were 3.  Next year, in 2011 I will have known Kathy for 40 years.  Seems impossible at times, but it is true, I have known her that long.  She knows me so well that she can tell it is me when I am crying so hard when I call.  I don't know many others that can do that.  Well, Richard can too.  I have done that.  Thought I was okay to call, but once they say hi, I lose it.  Can't even say hi.  I haven't done that in a while though, which is good.  I try not to.



I hope today has been good for you too.  Pain level is normal, nothing out of the ordinary which is surprising since it is so cold out.  I hope your pain level is low today and that you are enjoying the joy of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment