Friday, December 3, 2010

new quilt

I got a prayer quilt from the ladies at church today.  Pastor Weatherly brought it to me and we visited for a bit.  It was nice to see her again.  She is a very nice woman.  Listens, down to earth, very, very nice over all.  She is the associate minister at church.  She did Mom's funeral and did an amazing job.  The sermon was really nicely done, Mom would have been pleased.

The quilt is green and will go nicely either in the living room or my bedroom.  It is beautifully made.  I think Julie would love it.  I think it is wonderful and I am so thankful that they made it.  It is a prayer quilt.  I have lots of prayers these days, part time job, more students, etc.  So far though, I am doing alright.  I am making ends meet and have enough to make ends meet for a few months and then I will be in a bind.  I am praying by then that I will either have a part time job or more students to fill in the gap.  I gave that worry all up to God a few weeks ago because I was getting major headaches with it.

It is a quiet day here with not much going on now that the minister has left.  I am just relaxing and surfing the web for jobs.  I have to reactivate my Monster.com account and update the resume.  I also am looking at the local news websites for jobs too, because they have a job listing page on their websites.  I am confident I will find something before the money runs out.  So far, so good, is all I can say.

I am not upset anymore about Christmas.  If I see Richard, I do, if I don't, well, then I don't.  I don't know where he is planning to go for Christmas but I will be fine with whatever he decides.  Christmas is going to be hard anyways with the little lady not here with me.  Life was definitely a lot easier with her here with me than with her gone.  Maybe not physically easier, as she needed help with a lot of things, but definitely mentally.  I knew the bills would be paid and that we would be alright together.  I often wonder how women do this when they lose their husbands.  Losing someone you love is hard I think on everyone.

Kathy will be here in a couple of weeks.  We are going to go see harry potter and we are going to fix up the china cabinet.  I am planning to make a nice dinner for us on Saturday so that we can use the good dishes.  I just have to find the dinner plates.  They are in the bottom of the cabinet somewhere, just not sure where yet.  I know they are though because they haven't been moved in years.

I hope your day is good too!  So far, a nice day.  I think I will get some chicken for dinner.  Sounds yummy.  I have some in the fridge along with some nice rice and broccoli.  I also bought some of the fudge covered oreos.  I need those like I need a hole in my head.  They only come out at Christmas time.


Here is a couple of pictures of Me and Mom!  I hope you like them.




The first one I was about 5 or 6 in and I don't know where we were.  The Christmas one I was 19 in.  don't Mom and I have the same smile??

3 comments:

  1. you and your mom look like sisters in that picture!! Beautiful smiles both of you. Keep her in your heart and remember all the sweetness she brought to your life...it will help when the hard times come.
    Praying for you..;j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thank you for posting those pictures, so nice to see your mom in her better years..

    Thanks for stopping by my P.S. post, always love to see you stop by!

    Hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos, Heather! I am praying for you, too. Your prayer quilt sounds really nice. May I borrow it sometimes.? LOL......

    Have a great day. You certainly deserve it! :0)

    Hugs,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete