Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday brrrr

It isn't as cold as it was, but it is still cold.  I do stay warm with my hat and scarf on with my coat.  I have a wonderful warm blue scarf and my hat is old (at least 10 years if not longer) but it is warm.  I just love my hat.  I have mittens that go with them but I don't know where they are.  I had Mom wearing them over her gloves last year to keep her little hands warm.  They were always so cold.

I had no lessons planned for the day.  I can't wait until I teach almost everyday again.  I so look forward to that.  I am confident that by spring I will have enough students to be okay.  It is in God's hands and he has never let me down yet, so I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

I have the space heater on again.  It really helps and I don't have to heat the entire house, it just warms me up in the dining room.  It sits on the kitchen counter.  I make sure there is no paper around and that it is a safe distance from anything that is flammable.  I do take safety very seriously.

I went to Walmart today.  I needed to get a new fire alarm.  Ours is no longer working now.  So off I went to get a new one.  I got a first alert one, it was a bit expensive, but I was told it is a good one.  I don't mind paying a bit more for something that will work and protect me.  I am afraid of fire.

I also picked up a few turtlenecks as I don't have any.  I saw the cutest hoodies.  Disney ones.  They were not too expensive so I picked up 3 for me.  A gray one that has Grumpy on it, a white one with Tinkerbell, and the last is red with Mickey on it.  The Pooh Bear ones didn't have my size.  I was so bummed but as I have several fleece type jackets that have Pooh Bear on it, I don't think I really am missing anything.  But I am excited about them.  I have Grumpy on right now.

We are expected to have a bit of snow tomorrow.  Not too much, but some.  Supposedly by Sunday we are getting more.  Ugh, white stuff here it comes.  It is supposed to be very cold next week with wind chills that will make it seem even colder.  I am all set as far as most groceries for the next couple of weeks.  I bought some meats today that I plan to cook and then split up for more than one dinner.  It is cheaper than the stuff I was buying and you get more than 1 meal out of the meats.  I expect to get 3 to 4 out of the roasts I bought.  I bought 2 turkey drumsticks (love those!!!), a rump roast, a pork roast, and a small 1/2 of a ham that is already sliced.  I have plenty of soups and I made enough chili tonight for another night.  I am ready to be in the house a lot for the next few days, not need to go out except for my usual.  Gotta have my Tim Horton's.  I like to go because it gets me out of the house and I often run into friends there.  When I do, we have good visits.  I miss going there with Mom and at first I didn't go very much because I missed her so much.  Sometimes I go through drive through when I don't feel like getting out of the car and going in.  I usually read while I am eating.  Right now I am reading the Harry Potter Series again.  I am on book 4, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  I am about 1/2 way through.  I love these books.  I just haven't really gotten into other books right now.  I tried, but I just can't so I chose to read something I already I knew I loved the book.  It is comforting to read them again.  Plus it gets me ready for the movie again.  I don't know if I will see it in the movie theatre or wait for DVD, either way I will end up with it on DVD.  I plan to reread the Twilight books when I done with Harry, maybe then I will be able to read other things and find the joy in them again.  Right now, I have joy sometimes, but the sadness is still there a lot.  It isn't as bad as it was when Mom passed away, but it is still there.  I do find I can get lost in the Harry Potter books and that is nice.  For a while the hurt goes away.  I know this first year will be hard, but with family and friends, I will get through.  I am very blessed despite losing my Mom, to have the family and friends that I have.

Pain isn't too bad considering how cold it is.  My headache is a bit worse than normal, but it is to be expected because of the cold.  My one friend, Donna, is not doing very well with the cold at all.  I feel so bad for her.  She is in just so much pain and there isn't anything I can do about it.  I do hope to see her when it warms up a bit.

I do hope you had a good day.  If you are expecting snow, I hope it isn't a lot!

2 comments:

  1. No snow expected here, living in the desert! Sweet friend, thanks for unwrapping your blessings with me today.

    Be blessed bunches,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived in the desert! I HATE winter! We aren't expecting snow here, but it is supposed to get really cold tomorrow. Today is a pretty nice 55 degrees! Crazy mid-west weather!
    Take care!
    Angela
    PS..you should get a CO detector, too. Those are life-savers.

    ReplyDelete