Monday, January 31, 2011

Unexpected relaxing day

It isn't the day I anticipated, but that is okay.  It was a good day anyhow.  All of my students today are ill.  Bob, Calli, and Acer are all under the weather so I hope by next week they are fine and ready to go. I am hoping that Calli and Acer's Mom, Heather B-T doesn't get it from them.  I remember when I was in the hospital in 2008 really sick, several times, Mom stayed with me every time but one.  She wanted to stay the night, but they wouldn't let her.  I don't know if they have changed that policy, but I know they other hospitals in the area no longer have set visiting hours and people can stay the night if they want too.  I am glad about that.  The nurses thought Mom was so sweet to stay with me.  She was too.  I had people ready to stay with her at our house, but Mom preferred to be with me.  What can I say?  She was the best.

Acer likes to cuddle with his Mom when he isn't feeling very well.  Poor little guy.  I do hope they all get better rather shortly.

We are heading for the biggest snow fall of the season from what the news people say.  I am not sure if this is a good thing or not but either way, I am prepared.  I went to the store yesterday to get a few necessities so I am all set.

I am rearranging the kitchen counters tonight.  I have already started.  I decided I wanted to make some changes to make it look nicer.  I don't like how it looks right now.  It looks cluttered and unusable in places.  I moved different things around that will make them easier to use.  I also am going to make some bread tonight, unless I need eggs, because I just remembered I forgot to get eggs yesterday.  That could be a problem.  Hmm, maybe no bread until later this week.  I moved the microwave into a better place and I have the containers moving too.  I need a new bread box because I don't like bread left out on the table and I don't like it in the fridge.  I am weird that way.  I always have been.  I think I will look at walmart this weekend to see if I can find a bread box.  That would be perfect in the kitchen.

I have to pay some bills this week too.  I paid some today and I have more to do during the weekend.  I like to take the first weekend and take care of bills.  They are all lined up and ready to go.  I am slowly getting things together and organized.  I figure by spring I will be all set and ready to go.  That gives me plenty of time to get things the way I want them.  I am just starting to figure out how I want them.  I am starting with the kitchen.  I am also starting to use the pantry in the back room again.  It is a great storage place for things too.  There are baskets and shelving units in it.  It really is a good thing to use.  I just have to empty the boxes that are in front of one set of shelves.  I can't get into that set because of the boxes that are there.  I will work on that later this week.

Despite no lessons, it has been a good day.  I talked to Georgette on the phone for about 2 1/2 hours, I talked to Donna for about 1/2 hour.  My poor little phone is charging right now.  It so needs it because I talked so much on it today.

I do hope you are ready for the storm and are having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment