Wednesday, February 2, 2011

the blizzard of the year?

Well, we didn't get the amount of snow they predicted here in Michigan.  I am very thankful for that.  We got about 6 to 8 inches which isn't too bad.  Once again, I was blessed by a neighbor who shoveled my driveway and front walk this morning.  I am one lucky girl when it comes to the snow being shoveled.  I woke up this morning and looked outside to see how much we got and noticed that my snow was pretty much gone.  There was a bit on the ground because it was still snowing, but hey, it wasn't much and I am so happy not to have to shovel myself.  Of course, I have no idea how I would shovel myself, but I don't have to worry about it.  We are supposed to get a few inches this weekend.  Yuck.  I am ready for spring.  I am not ready for summer but definitely for spring.  I am a spring and fall girl.  I don't do well in winter and summer.  Extreme temperatures make me ache more whether it is too hot or too cold.  I have the little heater on tonight as I am still in my pajamas.  I didn't get dressed because I needed to do some laundry.  I was slightly out of clothes.  Oops!  I fixed that though.  I woke up nice and early for a change and really was happy about that.  I did take a brief, well, not so brief nap but that was to be expected since I woke up early.  It helped to cut back on 1 of the Tylenol PM last night.  I still slept okay, as good as I usually do, but I didn't sleep as long as I have been.  I feel like I should have done something more today, but I will work on stuff tomorrow.  I am thrilled that I have 2 lessons tomorrow.  My lovely Stephanie couldn't make it today as the weather is worse where she lives than where I live, so she is coming tomorrow instead.  I am happy about that.  I also have my usual Thursday girl, Koffi.  She is very nice and very sweet girl.  She has had one lesson so far as she was ill last week.  I do hope to see her tomorrow.  I have 3 lessons on Friday so that is even better and even better than that!  4 lessons on Saturday.  My Katie won't be having her lesson this week because of her schedule, so she is going to have her lesson next week instead.  I have a goal of having about 4 to 6 lessons Monday through Thursday and Saturday.  That would be enough for me and probably the most I can handle in a day.  I feeling pretty well overall these days.  I do have pain, but it isn't as bad as it could be so that is good.  My head does hurt everyday but the bad headaches are further apart than they used to be, or at this point.

I called a neighbor tonight to see if she knows who has been shoveling my driveway.  I am so thankful for that!  I really am!  Being disabled, it is difficult to do these things so I am so grateful that someone is taking care of me.  We have great neighbors.  When Momma was here, one of the neighbors would come and stay with her while I went grocery shopping.  At the end, she just couldn't walk that far so I had to go without her.  I miss hanging out with her all day.  I am used to it though.

I think some of the fear I had has gone away.  I don't feel so consumed by it this last few days.  I am thankful for that.  I still pray that the rest of the fear will go to.  God is so good!  He is really providing for me.  It is amazing to see how God is working in my life.  I am excited to see what will be happening in my life in the future.  A few months ago, I didn't imagine a future without Momma.  I couldn't see how I could live without her.  While I still have trouble with the fact she is gone, I am starting to see a future for me.  I still miss her all the time.  I imagine I always will.  We were best of friends but I feel like she is watching over me and cheering me on at times.  I will always wish she were still here with me, but I am able to live without her by my side all the time which is something I didn't think I would be able to do.  It is a day by day process with me, I think it will be for a long time.

Tomorrow I think I will be working on the dining room before lessons.  I want to clear off the table and put the bills in order to be paid tomorrow.  I am pleased that I can pretty much pay my bills now which was a problem when I didn't have the students I have right now.  I am thankful for what I have.  I am confident I will get the amount I need in the next few months and then I will be standing on my own two feet!  What a concept!  Me?  Independent?  Wow, what can I say?  Something I wasn't sure I would be able to do with the illnesses that I have.

All in all it has been a decent snow day.  I didn't do any work like I should have, but there is always tomorrow or later this week.  I do hope you are having a good day too!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, you really do sound much more positive. Your getting on with your life and planning things is a tribute to your mother.

    Sounds as if you have nice neighbors and friends. I hope you will get all the new students that you need. You will enjoy them and yes, the added money helps to relieve tension also.

    We are all waiting on spring. Terrible, extreme weather for so many around the world. Take care.

    ReplyDelete