Saturday, February 19, 2011

a busy Saturday

I had 6 lessons today.  Yes, I am a bit tired.  Plus I drove Maia home to Windsor this evening.  Boy, did we go the wrong time through the tunnel to Windsor.  It was backed up all the way to the beginning of the tunnel.  Thank goodness I had company to talk to while we were waiting.

The bruise from the cabinet incident is faded but it still hurts to touch.  What a smart move that was.  I told Maia she nearly came to a dead cousin and she was like, what?  then I told her what I did and she kind of laughed too.  Hey, I don't blame her, I would have had a laugh at her for the same thing.  Her mom laughed when I told her too.  It really was a brainless thing to do.  I mean, how did my face get in the way in the first place?  Whatever.

My lessons did very well today.  Aggie was here too so that was good.  She is learning a new piece today that I picked.  She is now learning another Mozart aria, "Batti Batti".  It is from Don Giovanni.  I love this piece.  Katie is now ready for competition and Amanda is ready for Solo and Ensemble.  Kayla is doing well with her new pieces too.  Charles was here for his piano lesson and he is really reading music nicely.  He learned 3rds today.  Koffi is doing very well too.  She is my first lesson on a Saturday.  Kayla needs to change times starting next month so she will be at 11:30 am instead of 1 pm.  That should work for us or at least I hope so.

Maia started taking pictures of Mom's military stuff to send to the museum in Ottawa.  We ran out of batteries.  That is not good, but I can get more tomorrow, which is the plan.  She also took pictures of the shuffleboard for Darrin.  I just need his email address.  I have to take pictures of the living room furniture and bar stools to send to a store that may be able to sell them for me.  I really hope so!  I really do!  It will be a big space out of the family room that will allow us to move things around and put things were they belong.  I am excited about that.  That will help to set the room they way I want it in the spring after tax season.  It makes me want to go and work in the room.  I haven't been able to really do much because I haven't felt like I could do it.  Once I have the living room furniture and bar stools taken care of, I will be on a roll.  We shall see. The company may not want or can't sell the furniture for me.  I am hopeful though.

I am feeling a bit more pain in the head again today.  I will be calling the doctor on Monday and making an appointment to see about better pain medicine.  I am nervous to talk with him about it.  Usually, I just grin and bear it, but right now I just can't.  It is just getting out of hand and making it hard to function on days that it is bad.  I need something.  I just can't take it much anymore.

I get Lily for the day this week on Wednesday.  I am not sure what time I am picking her up yet, but I am looking forward to playing games and making cookies with her.  She is such a joy to be around.  I had originally asked for tomorrow, but I forgot about her youth group at church so we are hanging out on Wednesday.  It will be fun.

Tomorrow will be a resting and relaxing day.  I do have to vacuum the steps tomorrow because I didn't do them yesterday.  I have a lot of lessons on Monday so I need to be ready for it.  It has been a long time since I have had lessons from 11:30 to 7:00.  I will have breaks where I can rest a bit, which I will probably need.  I just can't believe I used to teach like this all the time.  I would routinely have 8 to 10 lessons a day in a row and think nothing of it.  Now that would exhaust me.  I look back and think, how did I do it?  I have no idea.  Sometimes I even had another job in the morning with that many students too.  Of course, I was much healthier back then.  I didn't get as tired as easily as I do now.  I also took naps in between teaching and the morning job.  I would also go right to bed right away when I got home too.  That all makes a big difference.  I like teaching here at home a lot now.  I really do.  I like them coming to me.  I can rest in between lessons if I need too or if I need a drink or something or something to eat.  It is very nice for me.  I don't think I will ever go back to going to the student's houses.  This way works so much for me.

I am tired today.  I did take a small nap while Maia went grocery shopping.  I did forget to get gas before I took her home.  I don't like having the car with less than a 1/2 tank of gas in the winter with the cold weather.  I just don't like that.  I have to get gas tomorrow since it will be getting a bit colder.

somesome of her stuff but there wasn't enough room for the scanners.

I do hope you are having a good evening!  It has been a good day even though it was tiring and busy.  I like waking up to company in the house.  It is a nice change from being alone all the time.  I am used to that though, but it is nice to have company.

No comments:

Post a Comment