Thursday, February 10, 2011

paperwork

I think I have finally turned in all the paperwork for the bankruptcy!  Boy has this been a long process to deal with.  I don't ever want to do this again.  Well, I didn't want to do it in the first place but when we lost the store, we lost pretty much everything.  Thank goodness Mom wasn't on the business or we would have lost the house too.  She didn't want to be on the business.  She said it should be me and my brother alone so that is what we did.  Thank goodness!  Because of that, I have a home to live in.  I do hope that I don't have anymore to turn it.  There are a couple of papers I need to take with me, but I have them put aside and ready to go.  My meeting is set for early March.  I am so happy I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It has been such a long road and it didn't help that I procrastinated about it either.

I don't have any students today or tomorrow.  I may go and visit tomorrow, but I am not sure.  We shall see how cold it is out and if I feel like going out.  It is a rough decision in this cold weather.  The one thing I do need to do is clear off the table so Kathy will have a place to sit.  Right now there are music books sitting on her chair.  That will be a problem.  I am going to put them in a box and take them downstairs to the office where the rest of the music is.

Andrew is feeling rather sad today.  He put on face book that he is missing Mom a lot today.  This is the first time he has done that since she passed away.  I put a small comment to him.  I hope it helps him.  I know what it is like to miss her.  I told him I missed him too because I do miss my brother.  He may drive me crazy, but he is my brother and I do love him.  I am hoping to see him in the spring.  Right now he is so busy with school that he doesn't have time for any visits.

It is a rather quiet day around here.  I am feeling better than yesterday.  I am not in as much pain and the tummy feels so much better.  I am reading a really good book too that is so hard to put down.  I hope to finish it tonight so I can start a fresh one tomorrow.  I am waiting for my Army Wives season 4 to come in the mail.  I love that show.  I don't know if it is because I am an Army Brat or not, but it is such a good series.  I don't watch it when it is on during the season because it is on rather late and I am usually getting ready for bed at that time so I buy the DVDs and watch it that way.  Also, no commercials when you watch the DVD so that is awesome!  I also ordered 1 book.  That is all my spending money this month though but that is okay.  I doubt I will need anything else.  I don't buy a lot of DVDs so to buy the series is not really a big deal.  I also usually buy my books at the used bookstore so it is a treat to once in a great while buy a new book.  I also had gift certificates from Christmas that I hadn't used.  I do have one more for Border's that I haven't used yet.  I am waiting for the next book club book before I use it.  I got the next book club book a couple of days ago.  I plan to read it when I am done with the 2 new other books I got.  It isn't because I think it will be a bad book, it is because we won't be discussing it until April so I don't want to read it too soon and then forget what I read.  You know Fibro Fog!!!  I have a hard time remembering books at times now.  It is very frustrating to me when that happens.  I am going to also reread the March book club book close to the end of the month because I forgot what I read!  I read it while Momma was still with me so you know how long ago that was!  Time to reread!

I have some DVDs that I bought while Momma was still with me that I haven't watched yet.  I haven't been able to watch them without her but I think I am at the point where I can.  One of them is the season 12 to Murder She Wrote.  Momma and I loved that show so much.  We watched it when it was on regular TV when I was in college.  Every Sunday I would put aside whatever homework I was working on and sit next to Momma and watch it with her.  When it was over, I would pull out my homework and continue working on it.  It was a nice ritual to do with her every week.  It is the small things like that that I miss the most.  I am anxious to finish up the entire series of Murder She Wrote so that I can start watching them all over again.  I also have the movies to the MacGyver series to watch.  I don't know if Kathy and I will have time to watch them.  I have plans for us so we will see!

I am not working on much right now.  I think I am going to work on the back room a bit today so I can start to get that done.  It is not hard work physically, but putting Momma's

I do hope this is finding you having a good day.  Stay warm!  Bundle up!  I hope you have less pain if you have any.

2 comments:

  1. Filling out papers of anykind is not a pleasant chore - glad you are through.
    Murder She Wrote is still one of my favorite shows. In our area two shows are on everynight, but they do not come on until 12:00 midnight - a little late but if I cannot sleep I at least have something to look at.
    Hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching that show with my mom...she loved it! I see it on tv late at night once in awhile and it makes me think of her. Same with MASH and my dad...I swear he could recite each episode word for word, he loved that show so much. It's nice to have some sweet memories isn't it...
    keep warm and stay safe..;j

    ReplyDelete