Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Quiet Day

I slept in today rather late, but it felt so nice not to have to get up early.  The next several days I will be getting up early because of competition coming up, lessons tomorrow, and Lily is coming on Thursday.  It shall be a fun filled few days.  I am excited about that.  I went to get the ingredients that Lily and I will need for the parmesan chicken and snickerdoodles that we will be making.  I, naturally, forgot a couple of things, eggs and bread crumbs.  Silly me!  Now Lily and I will have to go and get them on Thursday as I will be teaching a lot tomorrow and probably won't remember to go and get the items.  Lily will be amused plus we will be able to go and get Tim Horton's together.  She likes to get their macaroni and cheese.  She loves that stuff.  I think we will have a great day together.

I had a lot of fun talking to Donna this evening.  I also went to Border's Books.  The one near my house is going out of business.  I had a gift certificate for Christmas so I went and ended up being able to get 3 books.  I was very excited about that!  They are by one of my new favorite authors, Kristin Hannah.  She is such a good writer.  I have read 3 of her books.  Kathy loaned me the first book I ever read by her.  I simply loved it.  The friendship in the book reminded me of Kathy and I's friendship in some ways.  We have been friends since we were 3.  Mom said she and I instantly clicked when we met.  I finally found someone who wanted to listen to me speak and she found someone who didn't expect her to answer.  It was great.

I am watching NCIS right now.  I love this show, so did Momma.  Near the end I could still watch most of the episodes when I couldn't watch a lot of other TV since it frightened her.  I was talking to Donna but we had to hang up because we both have to watch this show.  I also like the NCIS Los Angeles show.

Surprisingly, my bad headache I had this afternoon, has gone down to a normal headache.  Shocking, I know, but it did.  The pain pills actually worked today.  I don't know why but they did.  Hey, I am NOT complaining.  I am happy that they worked well for a change.  I haven't made the doctor appointment yet.  I am not sure I am going to do it.  I really am not sure I want the next stop in pain pills.  It is narcotics and I am very nervous about them.  I just don't know.  We shall see.  It is such a tough decision.

It has been a semi productive day despite no lessons.  I should have had 3 of them, but I new last week that I wouldn't have any of them.  It is a triple boo on that.  I do hope that next week I have them all.  I certainly hope so.  So far, I know I will have 2 on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment