Monday, February 21, 2011

reschedule day

I had to reschedule the Muglia's lessons as I am completely snowed in from the front walk.  My driveway is done, but not the front walk and without the front walk, there isn't anything I can do.  So I called some kids I know to see if they could do the front walk.  I tried, I just can't lift the snow or push the snow.  I was bummed because I was really looking forward to the lesson.  We are having the lessons on Wednesday.  I also will have Lily over that day so after I am done with the Muglia's I will go pick up Lily.  that should be lots of fun.  She has the whole week off because of Midwinter break.  After this, they won't get another full week off until Easter.  I do hope no one else has to cancel or reschedule lessons because of the snow.  It is a wait and see type day.

I think with this weather, that Maia and Tillie will probably not be coming this week.  I will be gone from Friday to Sunday at competition and Tillie was coming over sometime during the week.  As she doesn't drive in snow, I think we will be rescheduling that visit.  I actually don't expect her to come until spring when the snow is completely gone.

I do hope this is the last of the big snow, but something tells me that it isn't.  It is almost March, but it is possible to have snow then too.  We have many other years.  I do hope we don't though, because I am tired of it.  Of course, when I think about it, it is better than having tons of rain.  Snow is prettier and people drive just as badly as they do in rain as they do in snow.  You don't get as wet with snow either.  I think I would rather have nice sunny days in the fall and spring type temperatures.  Spring will be here soon, it just seems so far away.  I miss my spring!

The company that I want to either buy the living room furniture or sell it on consignment for me called me while I was teaching on Saturday.  I am to take pictures of the set and the bar stools and email to them so they can make a decision.  both are in really good condition and I am hopeful they will be able to help me.  I do hope so!  I also will be getting Darrin's email from Tillie so I can send him the pictures of the shuffleboard.  That, too is in great condition.  I am so glad Mom was diligent on cleaning and taking care of good stuff or we would have nothing left.  This last week I had two students who almost put their water glasses on the pianos.  I about flipped, I was like don't put it there put it here.  No drinks on the pianos.  I mean, really people!  Let's think about this.  Good pianos and water don't mix.  Let's keep these pianos looking like new for their entire life span.  I am hoping to get the pianos tuned this spring though.  They are slightly out of tune with the CDs and it is driving me crazy but I want to wait until the weather turns because it will make a difference in the tuning.  Heat and humidity can make a piano go out of tune fast so it is best to wait a bit before tuning.

I think I will take a nap this afternoon before teaching as I am tired now.  I am going to get something to eat.  Thank goodness I shopped yesterday despite the shock of snowfall on my car when I came out.  I do hope you are having a good day.  I am hopeful that today will be productive too with many lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment