Monday, February 28, 2011

what to do????

I am having a bit of trouble trying to talk to the IRS on behalf of Mom.  In 2008, we cleared out most of her IRA both because we needed it to live and to try to save the store.  I hadn't been paid much in 2008 and bills must be paid so we withdrew money early.  I didn't have them deduct much tax either, which in hindsight was a huge mistake, however, that is over and done.  We were on a nice little payment plan until she died.  Then, I didn't know what to do.  I ask for advice and well, I should have continued to pay it as now it is becoming an issue.  I should not have stopped paying the taxes.  I know Mom is gone, I am not sure what will happen to the house.  I have contacted 2 lawyers for information.  I spoke to one and he gave me good advice, but it doesn't seem like he thinks I will need a lawyer for this.  I am waiting to speak to the other.  He left me a message and I hope to speak to him tomorrow.  So until then, I am just praying that is isn't going to be a big issue.  We shall see.  I just am at a loss of what to do since I screwed up badly on this one.

I had one lesson today and it looks like on Mondays I will only have one right now.  Calli and Acer have switched days from Monday to Friday.  It works better for their schedule so that works for me.  This way, Calli will have plenty of time for homework as lessons take up about 1 1/2 hours on Monday night plus drive time so I totally understand why they needed to switch.  Now I have lessons on Friday to look forward too so I am happy on that.  Before, Friday was a blank day and I dreaded them.  Now I don't.

I slept in so late today but I expected to as I didn't sleep much over the weekend.  I planned that I would wake up super late and I did.  I feel a bit more rested now that I have had a good night sleep (well, as rested as I get and as well as I sleep!).  I was so exhausted from the weekend even though I did take naps during the day at competition but it is such a busy weekend for me plus the 2 1/2 hour drives each way.  When Momma was here and could drive, she usually drove home as I slept most of the way home from sheer exhaustion.  Another reason to miss her.

Bob picked out his spring concert music today.  I think he will do very well with them.  One of the pieces is a piece he is working on.  It is an invention by J. S. Bach.  The Sonata from Mozart just will probably not be ready by the concert so he pick a fun piece, Volare.  He did a nice job for the first week on it.  I like the song so that is good.  Overall, his playing has really improved over the last year.  His sight reading skills are pretty good, and his musicality has really improved.  I am pleased with his progress.  Now we just need to work on nerves.

I have some more paperwork to fill out for Mom to her known creditors that I am going to do tomorrow after I drive downtown to find the courthouse.  I am nervous to leave it to Wednesday morning to find parking and where I need to go.  I am just not going to wait on this.  I want to be prepared as I have to get up at 6 in the morning and leave by 6:15 to make sure I am there by 7:30.  I will be bringing a book with me too so I will have something to read while I wait.  I anticipate arriving early.  I can't wait for this process to be over.  I should have done this last year and not waited so long to do it.  This was another bad decision on my part.  Procrastinating on this but it is almost over, thankfully.

Just relaxing this evening, nothing much planned except watching the news for the weather.  My knee is still really sore and I realized today it is in a flare just my knee though nothing else.  Weird, I know, but what isn't weird about this illness so many of us have?  My head is a bit sore more than usual today, I think that is from the exhaustion that I still feel from the weekend.

I do hope your day is going well and that the week will be great also.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck, Heather! Seems like one thing gets settled and then something else crops up!! I'm praying for you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete