Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday

I had Calli and Acer's lessons today.  Well, sort of Acer's lesson.  The young man doesn't always like to do his lessons when he arrives.  Sometimes the allure of legos calls his name.  I was able to have him learn 1 new song in his piano book.  I hope in the next few weeks that I will have him in level B books and learning to play with both hands at the same time.  Calli will be starting level 3 next week.  How cool is that?  I think it is pretty cool.

I have a new student, Christine, who is 10, starting next week on Tuesday.  I am excited about that.  I do need about 10 more though and I do need them rather soon as I am not quite making all my bills.  I am excited about her lesson.  She has had a few lessons before so she is bringing her book for us to use.

It will be a busy tomorrow with 4 lessons.  I am very happy about that.  I have a lesson at 11, 11:30, 12:30 and 3pm.  I will be a happy teacher tomorrow.  So far, next week I will have 11 students for the week.  Good, but I need more but it is a good start.  I will keep praying for more students.  I also advertise now on a homeschool network so that should hopefully help.  I do hope so.

It has been a quiet day with the exception of the grocery shopping that I had done this afternoon.  I wasn't feel so good when I went to bed last night.  My throat was a bit sore so I took some cold medicine.  I didn't get up until about 2:30 this afternoon!  I guess I was a bit exhausted.  I am still tired and I have a bit of a bad headache.  My throat is fine today, thank goodness, so I will not need to take any cold medicine.  I haven't made the appointment with my doctor yet.  I will do that next week.  I need to do this but I also keep procrastinating about it.  I don't really know why except I get tired of going to the doctors in general.  I know there isn't much he can do and I am tired of trying new medicines that don't work but I do need new pain medicines.

I do hope you are having a good day.  Despite how short my day has been, it has been a good one.  I am looking forward to my lessons tomorrow.  Sunday will be rest day and who knows what day.  I may see a movie if something is good that is playing or maybe I will watch a couple of movies here at home that I haven't seen yet.  I have a couple that I haven't watched yet since I got them.  The new Bambi movie is out now.  I love Bambi so I will need to pick that up eventually.  Mom and I loved that movie.  Of course, was there really a Disney animated movie that Mom and I don't like?  We love them all.  Mom used to say she was upset when we started school full time because it meant no more cartoons for lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment