Wednesday, April 27, 2011

midweek

It's Wednesday again!  I had Carson for his lessons.  He just started piano today.  I am pleased with his first piano lesson.  He is doing well with singing.  Amanda had her make up lesson today.  She will have her regularly schedule lesson on Saturday.  She is doing very well.  She started My Heart Will Go On today.  I don't have the accompaniment for it so she will need to get it.  I tried to get it off the Internet but I am just really bad at the technological type stuff.

I just got a call from a good friend/neighbor of mine.  Mom and I's good friend, Irv, died this afternoon.  Oh my, I can't even imagine what his wife is going through.  I know how bad it is.  One of his sons is on the plane on the way here.  He doesn't know that his father died.  I know how heart breaking this is.  When I lost Mom I thought my heart was going to go with her.  This reminds me so much of losing Mom.  It is tough to lose your parent, and for Rosemary, it is tough to lose your husband.  I just can't even imagine.  Barbara Jean will keep me posted with the details.  I don't know if I am strong enough to go to another funeral, but I will because they were dear friends of ours and they came to mom's.

I am extra tired today for some reason.  I don't really know why.  I think the rainy weather earlier made a difference.  I will be heading for bed somewhat early tonight.  Friday I will be going to a movie with Lily.  We are going to the early showing because she is picking up her friend from school to spend the night at her house.  I think her friend is spending the night both Friday and Saturday.  That will be fun for her.  We are going to see Soul Surfer.  It looks very good.  At least this is the plan today unless something happens with the planning for Irv.  Sometimes these things move fast.  We shall see.  I know with Mom we could have had something right away but that was bad for Richard so we waited until the Friday and Saturday.

I had an okay day until the phone call.  Now I am having a sad day.  I feel so sad for Rosemary and her children.  Losing a person you love is so hard.  I hope your day is better than ours.  Please pray for my dear friend, Rosemary and her family.  I will be.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather, I'm so sorry about your friend. It is such a difficult road and I know that you will be a strong support for all of them. take care dear one and get some rest..;j

    ReplyDelete