Tuesday, May 3, 2011

banks

Banks are very annoying these days.  The bigger they get the more hassles you have.  A few weeks ago I received a phone call stating that my check card would be cancelled because they were just notified of the bankruptcy.  Now, I am not bankruptcy a bank account or the house bill or anything like that.  It is just their new policy to close bank cards until it has been 3 months since you filed and then you may reapply.  Well, at that point it was 1 week away from being 3 months since I filed.  I was so annoyed because it really caused some issues with some bills that I pay with the bank card.  I got them straightened out to the best of my ability but there are still a couple that only can be paid by credit card or bank card, of which I had neither so I am still working on that one.  So I went in today with my little proof of filing.  It took 45 minutes to do this!  I should be getting the new card in 5 to 7 business days.  What a pain in the rump this has been.

Charlie was over earlier than usual today to pick up some more of the trash from the bushes.  He decided not to use bags as they burn the wood at their house, so hey, works for me!  So next week he will take the last of it.  I am so happy with the job he has done.  He really has done a good one.  Now if only the inside would look as nice as the outside bushes do.  I can't say the outside in general because now that the grass is growing, I have noticed 3 big bare spots in the grass.  Ugh, oh well, I can't do much about it.  The grass will need to get cut in a few weeks but it won't need it before, thank goodness!  I am not worrying about the grass this year because I don't have the money to fix it anyways, so next summer I will worry about the grass and the bare spots.  I will put some seed down in the fall, which I guess is supposed to be the best time?  I am not a green thumb so I am not up on these details.  My cousin, Kyle, probably knows the answer.  Plus, I have a lot of crab grass which is ugly, but it covers the lawn so I guess that is something.  A young man wanted to cut my grass today but it doesn't need it so I don't want it done right now plus I already told Addison he could do it again like last year so to have another do it would not be cool.  Thankfully the snow seems to have disappeared for now.

So Charlie did his lesson and is coming along very well.  I have a busy day tomorrow as I have a blood tests plus 3 lessons!  An exciting day in the Paxton house.  Two of the lessons are make ups, Bob from Monday and Amanda from Saturday plus the regularly scheduled Carson.  I am so thankful that I now have at least 1 lesson everyday of the week except Sunday.  I need one day to not teach and leave it for make ups or other plans.

I am planning to go to the storage unit again tomorrow to pick up some more boxes.  I don't think there are that many more that need to come to the house.  I also have to remember to pay for the unit for the month and let them know that it is the last month we will have it.  I am going to pick up about 6 boxes tomorrow and if possible some more on Thursday before the rain sets in for the weekend.  That would just suck.  I have trunk space now available that I didn't have the first time I went.  The scooter is in the garage waiting to be used.  I can't wait to go scootering!  I love my scooter.  Mom and I would go for long walks/scooters together.  I so miss that.  I don't think there is really anything I don't miss Mom for and this weekend is the Mother's Day.  I am going to scan lots of pictures and just remember her or if it is too painful, I will just ignore it and take a nap.  That seems to help the upsets I get.  Andrew isn't doing anything for mother's day.  He says it is too soon to go and visit her grave site.  I know the feeling.  I miss her too just like he does only I miss her everyday and he doesn't.  He misses her, but she wasn't a part of his day to day life like she was mine.  I miss her every minute of the day.

So anyways, that's the plan for tomorrow.  i don't really want a blood test but considering it could mean a blood clot if I don't get it check and that hurts worse than the blood test, I will just go and get the test done.  Then I will stop at the storage unit and then back home for lessons.  Teaching at home is such a wonderful thing!  I really like it a lot.  I like it so much better than going to people's houses or to a studio.  It is much better for me.  If I need music, I just pop down the stairs to pick it up.  I can copy right away if necessary too now that I have my new scanner/printer.  I love it too.

Well, on to pay some bills.  Yuck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I gave you an award! Pop on over to my blog to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete