Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wonderfully Busy Day!

The day started with Breanna's lesson, then lunch, then a nap, then Amanda's lesson and soon the subdivision meeting.  It will be the first one I have been to without Mom.  Seems kind of strange to go to one without her since technically, her trust owns the house, not me.  While I can still live her, it is strange (although I am getting used to it) living here without the little lady with me.  I can't say I like it any better, I am just getting used to it.  I was dreaming the other night that Mom was still her and calling my name.  She used to do that all the time.  You would hear "Heather" hollered from another room all the time because she had to know where I was at all times.  (this was the last few years of her Alzheimer's)  She would get so frightened if she didn't know where I was even if I was at the store and she was with me.  I quickly learned to leave her a note if I went upstairs to do some work or just brought her up with me.  She liked to help me and since she was a good filer, hey, I had her do some filing for me or some other job like that she liked.  After we lost the store, it was easier for her to keep track of me.  Although I will say about 1 1/2 years ago, I think about December 2009 to January 2010, she would stand at the top of the stairs (where she was gated in) and holler my name at 7 in the morning.  Yup, she did this for about 2 weeks straight.  I was totally exhausted from that.  Fortunately, I was able to break that habit, just took 2 weeks to do it.  I had her anxiety medicine changed and that did it.  She was calling me because she couldn't see me when she left her bedroom.  My old bedroom was in front of her but my new one is in the corner so when she would come out of her room she would turn and miss my room.  Those were two very long weeks for me.  It definitely tested my patience and sometimes I would lose mine because I was so tired.  Thank goodness that stage went quickly.  After that she would come into my room in the morning and sit on my bed until I woke up at around 11 or so.  Then it gradually went to where she just stayed in her bed laying down until I got her up.  I didn't mind when she would come into my room while I was sleeping.  She never bothered me.  She would just sit at the end of my bed until I woke up.  I have no idea what time she would get up because at that time she would sleep in past 7 am.  (Thank God for that one!)

So tonight we will be electing a new subdivision president because Irv, my friend Rosemary's husband, passed away a few weeks ago.  She had originally thought she would go to the meeting but when I called her today she changed her mind.  Hey, I don't blame her.  It has only been a few weeks for her and I know how tough this new life is.  It has been 7 months for me and I am barely used to this new life.  To have to see us elect a new president because her hubby is gone would be a bit much I think.  I don't think I could take that either.  Next week she and I are going to go to lunch together.

I am borrowing a nook from the library!  This will tell me whether or not I want one of these things.  I love reading so we shall see.  I am excited to try it out.  I get it tomorrow when Heather and kids come for their lessons.  It should be awesome.  I plan to try it out tomorrow evening.  I will be ready that is for sure.

I am having a good day.  I am glad I am busy, it makes the day go faster.  I did take a wee nap before Amanda's lesson.  i am just super tired lately so when I need a nap, I take one even if it means less sleep that night because sometimes I just can't keep my eyes open.  Pain wise it is an okay day.  My headache is it's normal headache so that is good.  Outside of weak arms again, I am having a normal pain day.  I do hope you are having a good day with less pain too!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I miss my mom and it has been ten years this November when I lost her. I know your pain. But I am glad you are having some good days and you are doing what you need to do. Life is so unfair and we just have to make the best of it. I enjoy reading your blog and wish you many days of sunshine. I know currently, like Colorado, Michigan is getting hammered with rain too! Have a terrific weekend and take care. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete