Tuesday, June 14, 2011

another June Day

It is very nice out again today without any rain!!!  My flowers that I got from Rachel are apparently Impatience.  I really like them.  They sit on my front porch.  When they droop I know it is time to water otherwise I am clueless.  The sit on the edge of the porch (it is a very, very small porch) and I think it looks nice.  So far the girl with the black thumb (that would be me!) has managed to keep the flowers alive.

Tomorrow I have a blood test.  My blood was not in therapeutic range last week so I have to be checked again tomorrow.  It is not fun, but I will do it.  I hope to get it over and done with quickly.  Being right after lunch should help.  I plan to arrive early a bit so that I can get in on time.

I spoke to Kathy today.  I sent her the info for our new blog yesterday so I would think shortly she will go and write a post.  They will be super busy in the next couple of weeks though, so whenever she can write a post works for me!  I would definitely say I have much more free time than she does.

Last night a family member mentioned to me that she thinks I am in a depression.  I tend to disagree.  It has only been 8 months since I lost my mother.  I do agree I have gained weight in the last two years but I don't think I am depressed.  I go and see my friends, I teach my lessons, and I do things that I enjoy.  Am I sad?  Overall, yes, I am sad that I lost my Mom.  We were very close.  I think in the overall picture I am doing all right.  I do need something more to occupy my time and I am looking into other things to do.  I do have a few more lessons than I did last month so I am very excited about that.  I met my friend, Robin for lunch today and Friday I am picking up Donna for a nice visit so I do go out and see people.  I don't know, maybe I am just not seeing this.  What do you think?  I am missing something here?  I am working through my grief, which is a lot like most people.

Jose left a message last night.  I am ignoring his calls at this point and praying he doesn't stop by.  You see, he doesn't do what normal people do, which is call before they come over, no he just comes over and you're shocked to see him.  Next time this happens I will let him know that I am super busy and can't visit right now.  In this day and age, I would not just drop by someone's house without letting the person know I am coming.

It has been a good day.  i spoke to several friends, I may also have another new student (one not from the new company) so all in all a good day!  I do hope your day is going well too!

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to know what is appropriate grief, but eight months is not a long time. I'd say talk to your friends and see how they think you're coping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your blood work turns out okay. I think you have done really well from what I have read since your mom passed away:)

    ReplyDelete