Saturday, June 11, 2011

a bit of a different day

Normally, on a Saturday, I teach lessons, but this week I didn't have any students so no lessons.  Mom's friend Jose called earlier in the week and wanted to talk to me and take me to lunch.  Generally, I avoid his calls because he always comments on my weight, or at least he used too.  He didn't today or the other day.  he has finally, it seems anyways, understood that I am not going to be his work out buddy.  Yes, I need the exercise, but this is a very fit man who works out like 3 hours a day.  That is so not me.  I am lucky if I can do a few minutes much less 3 hours.  His wife is very ill and he had some questions about hospice.  It appears that she is going to be heading into the hospice unit at the hospital.  I feel bad for him because I know how hard it is to watch someone die.  She has been ill for about 27 or so years at this point.  She also has been giving the hospital a hard time about her dialysis (she is diabetic and her kidneys have shut down on her).  The doctor basically said you don't want to go, we won't make you, but you will be gone very quickly so she grudgingly went.  I don't personally understand that as if you have to do it, you have to do it.  Saying you don't want to when it is time to go isn't going to make you any better.  He seemed like he was at peace with what is going on.  I know he misses my mom a lot and that he is going to miss Dorothy but I think he at one time, imagined that when Dorothy was gone he would have a life with my mother.  Well, that isn't going to happen now as Mom is already gone.  I probably won't see him again for a while.  He only pops in every so often.  That works for me.

I don't have any other plans for the evening.  I am a bit tired now and will probably go to bed early again.  I actually had a semi okay night of sleep last night and I am hoping for a repeat.  My cousins may come over tomorrow before my lesson so they can pick up their stuff that they ordered.  I think they plan to be here around 1 ish tomorrow so I will be up around 12:30 ish.  This will give me plenty of time to get organized and have breakfast before they arrive.  I also have a lovely meeting that I am looking forward to tomorrow.  That will be awesome!  I don't mind going to MMA meetings.  I actually look forward to it.

The three baby Robins that live above my front porch light are getting bigger.  They are so cute!  Usually you can only see 2 of them, but there are three.  The third just hides a bit at times.  I did learn an important lesson this year about nests.  Remove the old one in the fall when the birds are gone because next year they will just build on top of the old one!  Well, if they do that next year, there is no where to build!  i will be sure to have the nest removed before winter.  I love baby birds!  We have had a nest above our front porch light since I was small.  I have no idea when they started nesting there but we have had Robins there my whole life and I just love it.  Only one year did they not come and that was because a big old wind storm destroyed the nest before the babies were born.  The next year, they were back.

Only about a month before the next and last Harry Potter movie comes out.  *sigh*  I love Harry Potter! I am anxiously awaiting this movie but will not subject myself to the midnight showing.  1 - I would not probably stay awake to see it and 2 - it would be super crowded and that just doesn't sound appealing to me.  I will go with my Muglia girls a few weeks after it has come out and we will go during the day during the week so it won't be as crowded.  I only wish Mom had lived long enough to see all the Harry Potters.  Of course, I wish she were here for so many reasons!  I just miss her so much.  Mom loved Harry Potter.  i remember when I was in the hospital with my blood clot.  (Apparently, I nearly died with this one, hm)  She was visiting me and I was quite out of it so she brought a book for me to read.  She just grabbed the nearest book on my book shelf in my room and it was the first Harry Potter.  Momma started reading to me.  When the lady who was in the bed next to mine was discharged from the hospital, she asked Momma what book she was reading to me and who it was by so she could go and get it.  She wanted to know what happened.  I gave her the info.  I told her it was a children's book but the whole series so far was wonderful.  I think about that lady every time I start the Harry Potter series again.  I also think of Mom because she loved Harry Potter and the movies.  She did finish reading the first book but never did start the next because that was when the Alzheimer's was really starting to affect her.

Anyways, this has become a chapter in a book!  I do hope you are having a good day too.

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts about you and your momma. It's such sweet memories and makes me remember things about my mom. She's been gone such a long time I don't think HP was even out yet.

    Have a nice easy Sunday and fill it with love and laughter...take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, sounds like you had an interesting day, well hey you got lunch out of it, right and Jose had a chance to vent a bit..

    thank you for your sweet comments about the wedding and baby Grace..I miss her so much, we live 8 hours away, but will be going back up to visit at the end of this month..not soon enough for me.

    If you get a chance to take some pictures of the baby birds, I would love to see them, we have had two sets of baby hummingbirds..its amazing watching them go from egg to flying, isn't it?

    Have a great Sunday, a pain free day and hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete