Thursday, September 8, 2011

9-8 Thursday

Well my excitement of having 2 new singers yesterday is over.  Apparently, Sarah was being forced into and so she has quit after one lesson.  Her mom is hoping that in a few weeks she will want them and then resigning up for them, but if she was determined not to have them before she met me, I doubt she will be back.  I am hoping for a few more students this fall.  So far, with the online company I have 12 students plus about 5 weekly, 2 every other week, and 4 monthly of my own without the online company so fall is shaping up nicely.

I have one student this evening, his name is Logan and he is 16.  He plays the piano and is doing pretty well.  He has difficulty in note reading, so I got him some flash cards to help with that.  I am going to make a note reading paper for him too to see if that will help because the cool books I had have been used.  I can't remember what one of them is named so I can't have Logan buy it.  It bothers me that I can't remember but with Fibro fog, what can I expect?  I just looked up what notespellers I have and went to check the 3 that we possibilities and they aren't it.  It must have a different name or something.  That is the only thing bad about having so much music is that if you can't remember what it is called, you can't find it. I will make him one then.  That will work.  I made him one using Finale.  It is a music notation program that is really neat.  I can also make accomp. CDs with it although it takes a long time to do.  A very long time to do.  I don't really like to do that anymore so I try not to have to but in this case, I was only making the sheet music.  I will find that book soon.  I am determined to.

I am very tired today.  It hasn't been the best week for me.  Family strife and all.  I thought it was better and I found out (the hard way of course) that it was worse so yeah, not my week.  I am determined that it will not affect my teaching and so far it hasn't.

I read a facebook post from 2010 today.  They randomly post what you post the year before and the year before that.  I guess Mom and I weren't doing too much of anything this day in 2010.  It is strange to read 2 posts about someone who is in Heaven.  Reading these little facebook posts are okay though, they don't upset me at all.  Some of them are rather funny.  I tried to make Mom's day a bit happier and she liked to laugh a lot.  She deserved to have her last days happy.  I tried anyway.  I will find out someday when I am in Heaven with her if I succeeded or not.

I think I am going to rest in the living room while I wait for my student.  Like I said, I am so exhausted today.  I think several days of tears and upsets are catching up to me.  Tonight will be a calm lesson with Logan and then tomorrow is Acer and Calli who are always fun to teach.

I do hope your day is good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment