Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cold is still here

The cold is still a small cold, so I am a happy camper about that.  I had the trial lesson and I believe it went well.  We talked about what Brooke (the lovely young lady) wanted to play, perform and all sorts of things like that.  She would like to incorporate other styles to her repertoire, which I am totally for.  She would like to play some New Age and some Pop.  I think we will work well together.  She had a couple of technical questions such as what the trill symbol meant and the grace notes.  We went over it and she has them very well.  She has wonderful hand position and fingering.  She actually reminded me of Anne when she played the piano.  Not that the two look a lot alike outside of general coloring, it was just the musicality that she played with reminded me about Anne.

I actually got to speak with Anne tonight!!!  We talked for just over an hour before my phone was about to die.  I think the battery is not doing as well as it should but I will have to get it checked out.  I don't know if I am eligible for a free upgrade on a phone or not but I shall find out.  Anne is doing well and went to a Renaissance Festival this weekend.  I saw the pictures and she looked so cute on the camel!  She got to ride a camel, how cool is that?  I would love to ride on a camel!  My friend, Debbie got to ride on one when she was in Egypt in high school.  A man offered many goats for her hand in marriage too.  Fortunately, her mother turned him down.  It still gets a giggle from her to be teased about that.

Outside of lessons, I don't have any other plans for the week.  Tomorrow I will have a new song for Natalie.  I have to copy it for her tomorrow afternoon before the lesson.  It looks like I will be off on Sunday again.  Rick needs to have his lesson on Saturday again this week.  It works for me as would have Sunday.  I may go see a movie or watch a movie here at home.

My friend, Donna is rather ill right now.  I think she got it from her granddaughter.  She is finally going to the doctor tomorrow.  I will probably talk to her tomorrow to see how she is doing.  I was hoping to see her this Sunday, however, I will wait until she gets better.

NCIS is on right now.  It is the season premier.  I love this show so much.  It does seem weird to be watching the season premier without Mom here with me.  Another first for me, I suppose.  I am tired of firsts.  After October 18, 2011, all firsts will be over and the seconds will start.  It is hard to believe that it is almost a year since I last saw my mom alive, since I last spoke to her.  It seems unfair to be living without her here.  It just does.  I don't think it will ever seem fair not to have her here.

NCIS Los Angeles season premier will be on after the regular NCIS.  It is a good show too.  I remember when it first started, I didn't want to watch it but then Mom and I gave it a shot and we both liked it.  I fortunate that Mom liked that show until close to the end.  She didn't become afraid of this show however, when she became afraid with other shows, I did stop her from watching NCIS too.  I couldn't take the chance of it upsetting her.  It just would not be good for the little lady.

I have the cutest material for the Christmas presents for my students.  It has Christmas music printed on it with other Christmas stuff on it.  I don't know what I am going to make, but I will come up with something cute.  I also have some Snoopy Christmas Music fabrics that I may use instead.  It is hard to say.  I like both fabrics a lot.  I will see what I can come up with before I make my final decision.  I like making ornaments out of fabric for my students because it is fun.  I have pretty much made ornaments for my students almost every year for the last 20 years except for the last 2 years.  I just couldn't do it those years.  There has been the off year where i didn't make something and sometimes the students would be like, hey, you didn't make me anything this year.  They liked what I got them, but some of them like the ornaments better.  Several students still have them.  I will play around with some scraps and then see what I will come up with.  I don't have much to get for Christmas this year outside of my students.  A few friends and their children and that is about it.  I am pretty sure I know what I am getting my friend's boys but not her girls.  The boys are easy because they are at the age where I have an idea of what they like but the girls like lots of different things so they are a bit harder.  Sometimes that is how I come up with my best ideas for gifts.  I love shopping for Christmas gifts.  I plan to start shopping in October so that I will be able to get everything I want to get.  If I wait until December, I will either have the choice of paying bills or purchasing presents.  It is not a good place to be so I shop early.

I do hope you had a good day today.  So far, it has been a good week despite the lovely cold.  It is a mild one so that makes me happy.  I fully expect this little cold to be history by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment