Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday 9-19

The cold is doing somewhat better, thank goodness.  I must say that this is, so far, just a small cold.  I am hoping it stays a small cold and doesn't develop into a big cold.  This week, already, 1 of my little ones also had a cold.  I am always not sure when I have a cold whether or not I should teach.  However, I have since noticed in the last few years that if it is just a cold, the kids come so I now teach unless I am coughing really bad or have a fever.  If it is the flu, I don't teach.  I haven't had the flu in many years since I started getting the flu shot.  I will probably get it in a few weeks when I get my blood test done.  It seems strange to be the only one to get one this year.  Last year Mom and I both got them and she was not happy with me about that.  I felt so bad, but I couldn't take the chance of her getting sick.  She just didn't need to get the flu that is for sure.  She was crying after she got the shot.  Fortunately, the nurse who gave her the shot knew her very well so she sat with Mom until Mom calmed down.  I didn't know she was upset until it was over. The nurses at my doctor's office are very good.  Only one or two times did we have problem with his staff and I did complain because the office staff member yelled at mom on 2 separate occasions.  I was furious to say the least.  Fortunately, she didn't last very long at all.  Apparently, many people complained.  With many of his patients seniors, that particular woman really needed compassion and I think she totally lacked it.  After that, I took care of everything at the doctor's.  Mom was always with me so if she needed to say something she could, but I took care of everything else.

I don't have my Aaiyanna tomorrow but I do have my trial student at 2:15.  That should be fun.  I can sleep in too if I need too.  I only have 2 lessons tomorrow total.  The trial student and Charlie.  My student, Camille has changed her day for lessons to Saturday.  She is just having trouble getting her homework done and getting to bed at a decent time so her Mom called to see if she could change times.  It wasn't a problem.  Katie will have her lesson on Saturdays in the afternoon too.  The schedule is really shaping up nicely.  I am hopeful that the young lady I am meeting tomorrow at 2:15 will connect with me and then I will have 2 more lessons for the week.  That is my goal.  We shall see!

I am doing the I made a payment on the property taxes dance tonight.  I am so excited!  It is a small payment, but I figure if I wait until I have a big payment, I may not be able to pay the total amount.  Small payments add up!  That is the important thing to remember!  Small payments here, small payments there, and then add them together and they equal a big payment!  I owe a lot, but I know I can do this!  I am trying to be very diligent on this.  I really am.  It is certainly teaching me thriftiness and planning ahead.  I just wish I had learned this skill when I was younger.  Perhaps I would not have spent so much money and have some savings at this point, then again, with the issues of what happened with the store, my savings would have been gone.  Anyways!  I am pleased with myself.  I was not able to make a payment last month so that puts a big strain on every month that I have left.  I will do this.  My home is at stake.  I know I can do this.  I will also be making another payment at the end of the week when I get my online teaching company check.  I was going to wait until I got the paycheck, but I thought, no, I better not.  That would be too easy to spend somewhere for something and then I am short how much i needed to pay for the end of the month.  I have a couple of other bills that need to be paid to, but they are smaller payments so that is good.  This being in charge of everything including bills and house stuff is tough.  How did Mom do when I was young and in my 20s?  I certainly think she did so much more than I had thought!  She was definitely a super Mom with all this.  She was excellent in stretching a dollar as much as possible, she kept up on major repairs, minor repairs, and house and yard work.  I am so inadequate compared to the little lady.  Someday I hope to find my footing but right now my footing is running on a slippery surface.  I know that I am slowly getting my grip, it is just taking a long time to do this.  I will eventually get this right.

I will be heading to bed soon.  I am hoping I get a good night sleep. I hope you are having a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment