Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday 9-10

I am so glad today is Saturday.  The end of a horrible week.  I do hope next week is better.  I would say it can't get worse, because, as bad as it is, it can get worse.  I just hope it doesn't get worse.

I slept through a lesson today.  Fortunately, they called (after calling the sister for my phone number) and I woke up.  I accidentally set the alarm for pm instead of am.  Thank goodness Becca is a patient person and waited.  We had the lesson and then Rick came for his lesson today instead of tomorrow because it worked better for his schedule.  I don't mind though.  Whatever works for him generally works for me.  Tomorrow I am going to see "the Help".  I read the book and it was good so I am looking forward to the movie.  I do need to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 again!  I really do!!!  I plan to see it when it hits the cheap theatre with my Muglia girls.  All the girls and I are so excited about the Harry Potter stuff!

Not much going on tonight.  I will just be relaxing and watching a bit of TV.  I don't know if there is anything good on or not, but there is always HGTV if there is nothing else to watch.  There is some sort of concert on NBC.  Kid Rock is singing right now.  He is also playing the piano.  I may keep it on this station for a while.  I think they said that Bon Jovi would be playing too.  I love Bon Jovi a lot.  They are my favorite band in the world.  It is the NFL kickoff.  Wow, I thought it was something for 9/11.  I know there will be programs on tomorrow on the 10th anniversary of it.  It is hard to believe it is 10 years now.  I don't think it is something most people who have seen the images will forget them.  I was sleeping when it happened.  Mom and I were going to Canada for a concert that night.  We were going to see Kate Smith, one of Mom's favorite singers.  I was looking forward to it.  When I got up, I checked the phone for messages because I did hear it ring.  I listened and didn't understand what Mom meant about us not going across the border that night for the concert so I called her back.  i quickly learned what had happened and turned the TV on that was in the kitchen.  I couldn't believe what I saw.  My student, Anne, called and wanted to come over after school.  She had seen the images in school during the day.  It was as if the world had ended and in some sense, the world did end, the world we knew.  Everything has changed since then.  So many things have changed since then, especially for the ones who lost family and friends that day.

I do hope next week much better.

1 comment:

  1. Always nice to visit you. I hopr your weekend is wonderful. Anne

    ReplyDelete