Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday 9-25

I stopped procrastinating on vacuuming the tile floor.  I just finished the dining room and the kitchen.  I am completely exhausted so I will do the utility room later after I have recovered.  This is why I keep postponing doing the vacuuming but it has to be done and no one is going to do it for me.  There isn't anyone here to do it for me.  Maia used to but not anymore.  I just have to scrub the floor now.  I will do that tomorrow after lessons, I am too tired to do it now.

Not much happening today.  I vacuumed, went on Facebook, and read.  That really is about it.  The vacuuming didn't take too long really, just a little bit, but man, you would thing I was doing a marathon!  Anyways, I don't have much to do tonight except for plan for lessons which I love to do.  I am hoping I am meeting Kelly Lynn on Wednesday to discuss competition and concerts with the young lady.  We may do our concerts together depending on how many students we have total.  If she has a small amount, she can have her concert with mine unless she would rather just have her own.  Whatever works for her, works for me.  I have some information about competition to give her.  The basic info and the some of the other info she asked about.  The biggest question is repertoire.  When you are a new teacher that is always the question.  Where do you get the repertoire from and how do you pick.  I will let her rummage through my files to see what she finds so she can figure out what to give her students.  I think most of them are younger, which is actually a bit easier to choose material for.  I have to choose some material for Rebecca for competition plus the Christmas Concert.  I don't know what I will have all my students do this year but I will figure it out soon.  I am not passing out Christmas music for another week anyways so I have some time to pick the stuff.  It will be interesting this year with my advanced students.  i have several and only 1 really good advanced Christmas book.  I may have to get another although i don't want to spend a lot on Christmas music because I have to pay the taxes and that has to come first.  Maybe Kelly Lynn will have something I can borrow or Diane.  I shall see.

I am going to start working on the judges in mid-October.  I figure that is a good time to start.  I have one judge so far and then I will need 4 to 5 piano judges per day and 3 voice judges.  I will sketch out a plan in my notebook so I can see when they want to do what.  There are 5 categories for piano, 4 for voice, 3 for guitar, and 3 for drums not to mention evaluation for all instruments.  I am excited about competition this year.  I have let my student, Katie know that if her parents can't attend she can stay with me.  She is 18 and technically she is an adult, but I am just worried about a young woman staying in the hotel room all by herself.  I don't really want that to happen and fortunately, she agrees.  It isn't because I think she will have a party (I know she wouldn't), it is a safety issue.  She is young and pretty and I would worry so much about her being in the room alone without anyone else with her.  This way she is with me and I won't worry although if she would rather stay with Aggie, that would be fine too.  Aggie isn't sure what she is going to do about a hotel room this year since it is so early, but that is perfectly fine.

My friend, Donna, has been very ill.  What she thought was just a cold ended up putting her in the hospital.  boy was she mad.  I don't understand it but okay, she was super mad.  I guess she could have not gone and refused but she went.  She was there 3 days.  I talked to her yesterday for a while.  She sounds much better and she says she is feeling much better so that is good.  My cold is still lingering, but it is still just a mild one.  I don't expect it to get worse at this stage.  I expect it to stay mild.  That works for me!  I did sleep an awful lot today.  I was just so tired and I think the week caught up to me today.  I slept until the afternoon today.  I am very tired now because of the vacuuming, but that was to be expected.  That always happens when I vacuum.  I will call her again in a few days to see how she is doing.  I hope by then she will be even better than she was yesterday.

I am watching the news.  It is all about the 2012 presidential race.  I don't know.  It is just crazy at this point because it is so early in the race.  On my facebook, you can see different friends who like different candidates.  I usually refrain from commenting because one of the best things in this country is that everyone can have their own opinion and voice.  That is just so amazing when you look around the world and see how many people can't do that without getting put in jail or tortured.  what a wonderful country we live in.  I know that I am thankful everyday that my parents chose to move here when I was young.  On my facebook, you can see different friends who like different candidates.  I usually refrain from commenting because one of the best things in this country is that everyone can have their own opinion and voice.  That is just so amazing when you look around the world and see how many people can't do that without getting put in jail or tortured.  what a wonderful country we live in.  I know that I am thankful everyday that my parents chose to move here when I was young.  It makes me think about an episode of Law and Order, SVU last night.  The maid in the story (the victim in the story) was from the Sudan.  I couldn't even imagine living in Sudan.  This woman (in the story) was raped and then was charged with prostitution.  She was not a prostitute.  The soldiers raped her after they killed her husband yet, she is the one charged not the soldiers.  This may be a fictional story but this is happening around the world.  Women are being hurt and then they are blamed for the crimes.  It is just insane.  I don't understand how this can happen in the world today.  Shouldn't we have learned by now to treat each other better?  It just boggles my mind how much Hate is in this world.  Anyways, I digress.

I do hope your day is good and I hope you have a good week.  I have about 19 lessons this week so my week will be wonderful and music filled.  I am looking forward to a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment