Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday 9-15

I am so glad that it is Thursday because my friend, Julie came over!!!  She arrived at about 11:20.  I had gotten up at 10:30 and got dressed.  I went downstairs and sat in the living room with my feet up on the stool.  I took a wee nap while I was waiting for her.  I knew that she may be late as she was working at her office to clear up a project.  I didn't mind because it meant a bit more sleep for me.  She brought some homemade Apple spice cake and oh my, it was soooooo delicious!  I really liked it.  Julie is an excellent cook and baker.  She just is.  She has been not feeling too well these past few weeks.  She was even in the hospital but I think she is on the mend.  We just chatted about so many things!  Julie is going to help me with the family room when she is up to snuff and available.  Her youngest daughter is the famous (well to my blog she is famous!) Lily.  Lily is now 13 and in 8th grade.  I haven't seen her in a very long time as the summer was so busy for her that we just weren't able to get together.  I hope to see her a bit more now that she is in school.  I am going to get Lily another Gingerbread House for her to decorate again this year.  She had such a good time decorating it.  I had a good time with her that day.  It is strange to have Lily here without Mom.  Mom loved Lily and her sisters.  Lily could bring a smile on my mother's face really fast just like her sisters.  I have pictures of the gingerbread house Lily decorated last Christmas on my face book.  She did an awesome job.  That is all I have to say.  I will get different candies this year.  I think i will add mini M&M's.  We will  make some homemade cookies too.  Lily is just a really good baker like her Mom.

Project Runway is on.  I like this crazy show for some reason.  Their clients this week is the significant other of a bunch of men.  Most men have no idea what their women like.  I think this is the funniest one ever so far this season.  I will be heading for bed right after this show.  I have a bad headache again today.  It isn't as bad as it was earlier, but it is still worse than usual.  I ended up taking a nap before Logan's lesson because the head hurt so bad.  He is a nice student although he is slightly hard to teach as he doesn't exactly like the classical music.  There is a song he really wants to learn called Ancient Words so that is what we are working on.  I had told him that if there was something he wanted we would learn it.  We also went over some basic intervals and chords today.  He is interested in theory to help him learn his notes better.  He is doing actually much better than he thinks so.  In about 4 weeks or so we will be starting the Christmas Music.  I am excited about Christmas music.  I will be starting Christmas music for my girls on Monday since they only have lessons once a month.  I also need to make the newsletter about what is coming up for students.  We have a craft day, the Christmas Concert, and the Michigan Music Association Competition.  I have the information for Kelly Lynn to for the Competition.  We may actually have several new teachers at the meeting on Sunday.  I am very excited about that.  I also need to type out the minutes from the last minutes.  I haven't done that yet.  I will be starting on them soon.  I will have them done in time for Sunday.  Thank goodness this meeting is later in the afternoon because I have Rick's lesson before it.

Saturday, I will be going to do a bit of grocery shopping.  I only need a few things.  I don't have a lot of money so I had to cross off a few things on my list.  I have hamburger and chicken in the freezer so they are off the list.  I also have corned beef in the fridge and another one in the freezer.  I also have some pork roasts too that I can make.  I have spaghetti sauce and spaghetti too.  I have other pastas so I have the basics.  I also have the veggies too.  I do need some Kleenex, mushrooms, cheese, and a few other stuff.  I also need some light bulbs but if I don't get them, it will be okay because I have enough light right for now.  The dining room chandelier has all burned out bulbs but the other light is fine.  I have to get the light bulbs from another store than the one I am going to on Saturday.  I also will need to get a fresh milk and bread as I am almost out of bread and the milk will be out dated.

Tomorrow will be Acer's and Calli's lesson.  Beth will also have her lesson because she needed to reschedule this week.  I also get to sleep in a bit tomorrow.  That will be nice as I am so tired right now because of the headache.

It has been a decent day despite the bad headache.  I really enjoyed visiting with Julie.  We got a few things taken care of so that is nice.  We had a nice discussion with what was going on with both our families.  I enjoyed my lessons.  I do hope your day was nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment