Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday 10-29

I can't believe that October is almost over.  I think I say that every month.  Time is going so fast some days.  Today is one of them.  I have 3 lessons, Camille, Rick, and Katie and all but Katie is finished.  I was copying her music but the black ink is out on the printer.  I will have to pick some up this week because I will need to make copies for Allison and Natalie.  Actually, I think I will have to pick it up tomorrow since I need the music by Wednesday.  It won't be a problem, I will go after church tomorrow.  They should be open by the time I finish church.  After that, I can come home and take a nap.  I have all day tomorrow to get the rest of the music organized for the concert.  I also need to make a flyer for the concert so everyone knows the date and time.

I am glad this horrible month is almost over.  With the except of a couple of birthdays, I simply hate the month of October now, just hate it.  I am glad it is almost November despite it being a dreary month, it will be better than October.  I only have 2 more days I have to get through and them a new month will be here. I will be hiding on Halloween just like I did last year.  I just am not ready to take over Mom's passing out the candy post.  Halloween has never been my favorite holiday, even when I was a child.  I like the costumes part of it but I never really got to eat any of the candy I collected.  My brothers got to eat theirs and my candy.  I think I got maybe 2 or 3 pieces total for Halloween.  I was glad when I was not going trick or treating.  Halloween parties were more fun.

It seems that the last flare is over now.  Thank goodness!  My hips have been okay all week so I am glad about that.  It was so hard to walk last week when the left hip was flaring so bad.  I still have trouble lying on my back at night, but I always have trouble with that.  I lay on my sides and it is much more comfortable to me.  It doesn't hurt my hips or my back when I do that.  Otherwise, my hips and back are really unhappy campers and that is not good.

After Katie this evening, I won't have any more lessons for the week.  Rick came today instead of Sunday because it was best for his schedule.  It works for me.  I like to be super flexible when I can because then if I need to change a lesson for a day, my students and their families are more willing to change.  It works out well for both of us.  A perfect example was the reunion weekend a few weeks ago.  I needed Friday cleared so my students came on Sunday and Saturday.  If I was not so flexible, I would have lost out on lessons, but this way everyone is happy.  My new students are more into rescheduling than canceling and I love that.  My old ones also are more into rescheduling rather than just flat out canceling.  It really works for the both of us, the student and me.

I am going to start cutting out the ornaments this week, I think.  First though, I must clear off the dining room table.  It is covered with CDs and music!  It is simply covered!  I have a small spot for my computer and for me to eat, but that is it!  I have the lovely new tablecloth that I am also anxious to put on.  I have a wonderful quilting mat that I can use to measure and cut the materials out on.  I bought the mat about 2 years ago when Mom and I were going to learn how to quilt.  Now, i am not so interested in it, but maybe someday I will be.  I like the mat for other things too so that is good.  I am anxious to have an area strictly for sewing downstairs.  It will be nice to use.  I will also be able to watch TV (when I get one for downstairs) in the family room too.  I may buy a smaller one for up here and move the bigger one downstairs again where it originally was.  I don't know.  It depends on the money situation, of course,  I can't do anything until the property taxes are completely paid for the year.  Once that is in hand, I will be able to save smaller payments for the next year taxes and perhaps be able to buy a new TV for the kitchen/dining room area.  I also have to have the carpet put on the stairs this winter.  I have both the carpet and the padding, it just needs to be installed.  I have the name of a person to do this but I am also going to check on Angie's list as that seems to be a good way to go.

I am going to read for a few minutes, Katie should be here shortly.  It has been a nice and busy day with lessons and getting music ready for lessons.  I am getting up super early tomorrow for church.  I do hope you are having a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment