Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday 10-4

It was a good day today.  I had 3 lessons, Aaiyanna, Charlie, and Natalie.  Natalie normally has lessons tomorrow but this week her mother needed a make up.  I love that I am able to have time available for make ups.  It is such a nice thing to have students think about instead of just missing lessons.  I really like that a lot.  This way both the student and I don't miss out.  My 2 new girls will start not next week but the week after.  The oldest, Brooke, is very involved getting things ready for Homecoming and Spirit Week which is next week.  My class reunion is also next weekend to be inline with Homecoming.  I do remember the Homecoming parade my Senior year.  It downpoured all day including the parade and the game.  We band members were absolutely drenched at some points of the uniform.  We did have ponchos on but your arms and legs were wet as well as your face.  The dance was fun too.  It was different in those days because you couldn't just go as a group.  You had to have a date.  I asked a friend of mine to take me and we had a really good time.

I also had a homeowner association meeting tonight too.  It was very nice to see the neighbors.  I will be writing the monthly newsletter.  I am aiming for November 1 but if I can get one out earlier, I shall.

I met with Katie today for lunch.  She turns 24 tomorrow.  I just love that young woman (I almost said child!)  We visited for 4 hours.  It was spectacular!  i really had a good time catching up on her.  I even got a picture of her blowing out her candle on her ice cream.  She has a very cute look on her face.  I love that picture.  I have known Katie for most of her life now.  I met her when she was 8.  She was in my homeschool choir.  I am so proud of her.  She is now a paramedic!  She is also working on her bachelor's degree in something to do with health management.  Katie is just a very lovely girl.  She also has a new boyfriend from this summer.  He seems like a very nice young man.  I hope he realizes what a treasure he has and cherishes her!  Precious cargo!  That is my Katie!

I am tired now.  I got up a bit early so I could have the extra time with Katie.  I so enjoyed visiting with her.  It was a really a lovely day.  I have 4 wonderful lessons tomorrow, so I expect another good day.  The weather is even a bit warmer so I love that!  I do hope you had a good day too!

1 comment:

  1. Woah, you have so much going on Heather! Katie sounds great. You always talk about all your friends and students with so much love, and you're so giving to them all.

    Hope you're having a low pain day.

    ReplyDelete